Going to be moving out in a couple months brehs, school me on some info

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Right now all I have is my 32 inch Sony Bravia HDTV, a tv stand for it, my xbox 360, full size bed, macbook pro, and mini fridge. Whats a good size tv for the living room? A good tv stand for it, best place for furniture? table set, etc.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
What kinda budget you got for furniture? Since this is your first time IKEA is probably what you wanna do. If you want to be that dude in your apartment 1000 - 1300 dollar furniture cant hurt. Thats 1000-1300 per piece. Im not sure how much IKEA furniture costs. To really ball ona budget though craigslist is your friend. Start looking up people who have sh1t you want in your area and go check it out. If its clean and looks brand new cop. I got a 1200 dollar 6 chair cherry wood dinner table with extender for 250 after i caught a divorcing couple having a move out sale. Also copped a 800 dollar cherry wood coffee table for 200 from some yuppies who had no place for it. All the sh1t looked brand new. Dont underestimate the haggle. Good luck.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've never really messed with craigslist before, I'll definitely check it out, I stay in the South Florida area, as for budget for furniture, maybe 800-1100 for furniture, something nice, but not too over the top.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I've never really messed with craigslist before, I'll definitely check it out, I stay in the South Florida area, as for budget for furniture, maybe 800-1100 for furniture, something nice, but not too over the top.

Yea i cant reccomend used furniture or a bed obviously but you can get a ncie entertainment center, dinner table, end tables n shyt like that dirt cheap with high quality. If you unsure about the product have a cat/bytch whos opinion you respect roll with you.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yea i cant reccomend used furniture or a bed obviously but you can get a ncie entertainment center, dinner table, end tables n shyt like that dirt cheap with high quality. If you unsure about the product have a cat/bytch whos opinion you respect roll with you.

Appreciate the knowledge, going to make craigslist my best friend pretty soon, what about deals for a tv, any other good places besides Amazon? Or is Amazon the best right now?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Make sure you can really afford something before you buy it. We all wanted that laid out pad once we moved out but your best bet is to just piece your sh*t together as you can. I moved out to a new city with nothing but clothes, a 32" tv, and a desktop computer. I was sleeping on the floor so you already in a better position than i was.

Focus on getting a couch, a chair, and a coffee table first and foremost. Nobody gonna care about how nice your TV is if they dont have anywhere to sit. So sit that 32" in the living room for now, buy those 3 pieces of furniture, then look and see how much you really have left over for a new tv.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Remember your gonna need a lot of $ for everyday shyt that you forget you need. Kitchen shyt, cleaning supplies, food,etc.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Appreciate the knowledge, going to make craigslist my best friend pretty soon, what about deals for a tv, any other good places besides Amazon? Or is Amazon the best right now?

Theres so many tv brands out right now its easy to find a competitive price but obviously its best to purchase something that will last you long enough to demote it to another room when you get a more expensive tv. Amazon will pretty much have what you need.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Theres so many tv brands out right now its easy to find a competitive price but obviously its best to purchase something that will last you long enough to demote it to another room when you get a more expensive tv. Amazon will pretty much have what you need.
:cheers:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Tv Size usually depends on how far you sit from the tv. As for brands I wouldnt really buy anything except Samsung. They have all kinds of sets at different sizes. And are the top makes in terms of quality and reviews.

I wouldnt get sh*t from Ikea

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I moved into a house about 2 months ago.

It all depends on how much you have to spend. I stacked up so when I made the move, I came in with a plan on how I wanted to deck my shyt out.

You can get some deals on furniture at the lil small furniture stores that are usually ran by those middle eastern cats. I got a couch, love seat, 2 in-tables, a coffee table, bed frame, headboard, 2 night stands, dresser with mirror... for 1500. Go in there with a price on what you're willing to spend and they'll see what it can get you. Once you buy some shyt from them, and you need to furnish more of your place, go back to em to get another deal.

I like IKEA also, I got my office furniture from there and an entertainment stand. It's priced nice and it looks good IMO. Make sure you're ready to put the shyt together though. The entertainment shyt took me a minute to throw together.

For the TV stuff... get a tape measure. Measure out how far you plan on sitting from the TV and where your seating will be. I don't know the dimensions of your place or what the budget is... the 32in is fine for the bedroom, and it may be fine for your living room...but my living room is set up to where the TV is about 10 to 11 feet from the couch. I have a 55in and it fits in perfectly. It's not too big or small. You're going to have to do some research on which TV you want. I just got done going through all of that (shout out to HookersandIceCream)

I have 3 TVs in here... a 40in Sony LCD, a 55in Panasonic Plasma, and a 70in Sharp. All of them I did extensive research on them to make sure it was the right one for me. So even if it takes you some time, don't skimp and get some weak shyt just cause. Be patient breh, and you will prosper.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I usually hate buying used things. A $1,100 budget for furniture is good enough to get you stuff from retail...you just have to search for the deals.