going on a no processed food/no sugar diet

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you're talking about two different things here.

Including processed foods and sugar into your diet does not necessarily make you fat. The over consumption of them does. So you can have those things in your diet and still lose weight.

On other other hand if you feel those things are TRULY bad for you, then don't eat them. I find that people talk down on pork, yet will shovel doritos, skittles or what have you down their throats with no issue as if they are doing something special. "I don't eat pork, but I eat all this other bullshyt so I'm good". Diet is simply trial and error. Try a bunch of different things until it starts working. If this plan works for you and you're seeing results, then keep on with it but don't think it's the ONLY thing that works because you may find it to be unsustainable after a couple of months. Good luck either way.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
That's a bit strict, I'd just have those things in small doses and not very often and stick to mostly natural foods. Calories in, calories out. You should be active as well to counter it.
Yeeeup. Get on that MyFitnessPal tip.

Eating like a bro 24/7 is destined for failure. Have a cheat meal once every 4 or 5 days minimum.

One strategy is to eat like a bro one day, and have a cheat meal the next day. That way when you're on your eating clean grind, if you get cravings, you've mentally prepared yourself that you'll get to eat that junk tomorrow.

Delayed gratification. :ahh:

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeeeup. Get on that MyFitnessPal tip.

Eating like a bro 24/7 is destined for failure. Have a cheat meal once every 4 or 5 days minimum.

One strategy is to eat like a bro one day, and have a cheat meal the next day. That way when you're on your eating clean grind, if you get cravings, you've mentally prepared yourself that you'll get to eat that junk tomorrow.

Delayed gratification. :ahh:

Seems like that would wipe out your caloric deficit

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Cheat meal doesn't mean cheat day, you can have a "cheat meal" while still hitting your calorie goal.
If it's every other day and you are still hitting calorie goals that sound like flexible dieting and not a cheat meal :manny:

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Flexible dieting is just IIFYM. Why not just eat twinkies and protein bars then? Matter fact, lets just drink soylet and call it a day.

WE getting off topic here plehboi. Most people don't have the willpower to be able to eat McDonalds everyday and stay within their calories. The point is OP gonna eat like a bro and thats cool, just eat a cheat meal once and awhile to keep sanity.