Godzilla Appreciation

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Comic-Con Teases: Godzilla Surprise + Maybe Marvel's Guardians? | FirstShowing.net

With the official programming being announced this week and only two weeks left until Comic-Con, things are getting quite exciting. While a number of announcements have been made, including that The Hobbit and even Neill Blomkamp's Elysium will be delivering a full-on presentation in Hall H, there are always surprises. The studios usually do a good job keeping things under wraps until the big show, but a few little tidbits seem to have leaked out. The biggest one, worth noting, is that there may be a big Godzilla surprise during Warner Bros' Hall H panel on Saturday, which will likely already feature Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

You can see the complete schedule as updates arrive here, or on the Comic-Con website. In the meantime, here's what we've heard. Latino Review (via Movies.com) reveals that Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim panel will feature a big surprise for Godzilla, Legendary Pictures' new take being written by Max Borenstein, with Gareth Edwards (Monsters) slated to direct. He won't reveal what, but says: "I hear the presentation is SICK! ... Godzilla will stomp both the audio and video systems within Hall H two weeks from this Saturday! I'll be there to witness it myself. I can already envision them shutting down the lights, hearing Godzilla's roar, and the crowd going wild!" Me too. And I can't wait to be right there and find out what they show us!

This isn't the only bit of early Comic-Con news recently. Earlier in the week, word started to get around that Marvel's next big project due May of 2014 would be Guardians of the Galaxy. Eventually it ended up getting confirmed on sites like THR and Variety, but have a good feeling that this news was premature, and they're saving the big announcements for Comic-Con. All we know for now is that there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy movie - but who is directing? Latino Review does state: "It will be announced as Marvel's second 2014 movie at Comic Con... Thanos is in it... It will 'lead up to' The Avengers 2 in 2015." Whoa.

Beyond that, who knows what else Marvel may bring? Earlier this week we also wrote about Edgar Wright shooting his Ant-Man test reel - maybe they will show that as another big surprise during Marvel's Iron Man 3 panel on Saturday? Who knows, we'll find out in two weeks. Either way, it sounds like this will be a very exciting year at the San Diego Comic-Con with many surprises. Don't worry, we'll cover everything as closely as we can. In the meantime, this is the latest we've heard, so stay tuned for updates. Sound good?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla ('74) changed my life. The definition of hard body :wow:

Anguirus my nikka I hate it had to be him :to:

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
a Godzilla thread:ooh::gladbron::ehh:

Godzilla was a staple in my childhood, watching them movies on vhs, collecting the toys(shyts got sold in a garage sale as a kid:ufdup::sadbron:) and watching the old hannababera cartoon(yeah, the one with godzooky in it). Like the movies where godzilla is a anti hero and crushing dem buildings(basically, when he isn't on his gamera steeze). Can't wait for them movies to start back up, hope they'll be dope.:blessed:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:

I got most of the Godzilla titles on DVD and Blu-ray. I think I only need 5 or 6 titles.

On the low, the Gamera trilogy from the 90's shytted on the heisei and millennium Godzilla titles something serious in terms of special effects, imo

Batz

Daps
:blessed:

I got most of the Godzilla titles on DVD and Blu-ray. I think I only need 5 or 6 titles.

On the low, the Gamera trilogy from the 90's shytted on the heisei and millennium Godzilla titles something serious in terms of special effects, imo

Heard the hesei trilogy is dope. Same guy that directed those direct GMK:Godzilla,Mothra,King Ghidirah. Godzilla took plenty of bodies in that movie, gave no fukks, even killed a class of kids:wow:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
i4RUQBWVZUH2O.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
yo...i grew up with Godzilla da God.

i caught the first Godzilla flick...the first...a couple of weeks ago.
his biggest foe was electrical lines around Tokyo.

he walked through them, fukked shyt up and then some scientist killed all the oxygen in the water around Tokyo.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heard the hesei trilogy is dope. Same guy that directed those direct GMK:Godzilla,Mothra,King Ghidirah. Godzilla took plenty of bodies in that movie, gave no fukks, even killed a class of kids:wow:

They shouldve kept him as director because that was the best of the millennium series. Only beef with the movie was how small King Ghidorah was and that he wasn't a planet destroying space monster.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
anybody got a link to all the old godzilla movies, especially these right here

Godzilla (1954)
Gojira (1954) - IMDb

Godzilla Raids again (1955)
Godzilla Raids Again (1955) - IMDb

Godzilla vs King Kong (1962)
Kingu Kongu tai Gojira (1962) - IMDb

Gozilla vs Mothra (1964)
Mosura tai Gojira (1964) - IMDb

Godzilla vs the 3 headed monster (1964)
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964) - IMDb

Godzilla vs Seamonster (1966)
Godzilla Versus the Sea Monster (1966) - IMDb

Son of Godzilla (1967)
Son of Godzilla (1967) - IMDb

Gozilla vs Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) - IMDb

Gozilla vs Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) - IMDb

Gozilla vs Mothra (1992)
Mosura tai Gojira (1964) - IMDb

anybody who could drop those would be

:wow:

no torrents plz :sadcam:

Batz

Daps
They shouldve kept him as director because that was the best of the millennium series. Only beef with the movie was how small King Ghidorah was and that he wasn't a planet destroying space monster.

yeah, i think the dud was a horror director or something like that. KG is small in GMK, i saw a chart that stated that KG was taller and bigger than godzilla.

Godzilla-Sizes-Comparison-Chart-godzilla-30353570-946-491.jpg

Btw, i here they got godzilla comics out by IDW. I hear they're pretty good, not sure how many issues they got out now tho.
:ehh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, i think the dud was a horror director or something like that. KG is small in GMK, i saw a chart that stated that KG was taller and bigger than godzilla.

Godzilla-Sizes-Comparison-Chart-godzilla-30353570-946-491.jpg

Btw, i here they got godzilla comics out by IDW. I hear they're pretty good, not sure how many issues they got out now tho.
:ehh:

The comics are :whew:

Half Century War is a must and it just recently wrapped up (only five issues)

The ongoing is dope to but the art could be much better, imo.

Legends was a mini that was dope.