1 or 2

• Total voters

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
shyts amazing, and its part 1 and 2 together. also, its one of those books where its basically the script of the movie.

:stopitslime:

e8de6394.gif

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
2 by a nose hair. In fact some days I prefer 1 other days I prefer 2. I also read the book which somehow enhanced my enjoyment of the movies. I also bought the box set 3 times 'cause some fools kept stealing it. :stopitslime:

3 wasn't a bad movie, just next to two all time goats it'll look awful.:yeshrug:

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
I chose Part 2, because of Part 1. I know that may sound convoluted, but hear me out. Seeing Michael's rise in Part 1 only made Part 2 greater because you got to see Vito's rise to power in Part 2, coupled with Michael's struggles as the head of the family.

Seeing the different philosophical approach of Vito compared to Michael is part of what makes Part 2 so great. Vito made a concerted effort to be respected. Michael made a concerted effort to be feared. So in the end, while Vito is able to enjoy the gravitas of being "Don Corleone", he's also able to enjoy the thing that's most important to him, which is family. The way part 2 ends, with Michael alone with his thoughts, is a representation of how alienated he's become with the weight of carrying the Corleone legacy. That, to me, makes Part 2 the better flick, but it's really a matter of nuance.

This is still one of my favorite images from a film EVER:
godfather+2.bmp

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched both in back to back days. I had seen them before, I didn't recall part 2 that much though. I haven't seen the 3rd but will watch it today/

I believe 1 is better, much better, not that 2 was bad though.

What really saved Part 2 was De Niro. I really enjoyed the young Vito, way better than Michael's storyline. Michael was like Marlo, Vito like avon (a calm and subtle one).

Part 1 had way more classic scenes and a great supporting cast, I wish Luca Brasi didn't get merked in 1 and Clemenza was in 2.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:patrice:

Before I started reading my obvious choice was 2 but ya make a good case for 1. I still vote for 2 just cause of deniro and because 2 had a historic feel to it with Cuba and the mafia trial but Damn it's close. Part 1 is incredible as well.

As for part 3. I always said if there was no 1 and 2, on its own part 3 would have been a good mafia movie. Following 2 classics tho makes it seem so wack. Sophia Coppola's acting is :scusthov: she single handedly made it wack for me.