Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
malcolm x might have been the least black corrupt leader out there

No infidelity, never stole a dime

What's sick about our government is they've been following him since the beginning! People don't realize how far deep the rabbit hole is. They've been following the King family too.

They knew Malcolm X was a threat.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I love Adam Clayton Powell's depiction on here because dude was really a handful in real life and he had a larger than life personality. He had a lot of charisma and he was a pretty boy. Of course he had heauxs back then.

There could be a series about him because he really was THE MAN back in Harlem back then and did a lot for Black people. He looked White and was privileged, but he was Pro-Black as hell.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I love Adam Clayton Powell's depiction on here because dude was really a handful in real life and he had a larger than life personality. He had a lot of charisma and he was a pretty boy. Of course he had heauxs back then.

There could be a series about him because he really was THE MAN back in Harlem back then and did a lot for Black people. He looked White and was privileged, but he was Pro-Black as hell.

quote-unless-man-is-committed-to-the-belief-that-all-mankind-are-his-brothers-then-he-labors-adam-clayton-powell-59-10-21.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What's sick about our government is they've been following him since the beginning! People don't realize how far deep the rabbit hole is. They've been following the King family too.

They knew Malcolm X was a threat.
He would have been a powerful figure but he’s powerful in death- which is why legends never die. They die in the physical form but that warrior spirit can never be diminished. What I take from it is that his mission and purpose wasn’t symbolic— he is more influential to the race than any black self appointed leaders that we have alive today. Malcolm X had the ultimate revenge - success. 60 yrs later - gone but never forgotten. 60 yrs from now - same.

What’s equal sick is the deceitful lying manipulating b*stards that are still alive and tried to justify Malcolm’s death- how anybody could agree or sanction this will never be rationalized to me. Left with the worst of the leftovers from worthless leaders. Malcolm said before he was murdered by the US govt in collusion with the NOI that they had more hate and vengeance for him, standing for what he believed than for the white racists. How they took Malcolm out but left the kkk, White supremacists untouched is all the evil that I need to see from them. I don’t f with the NOI or Farrakhan.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
He would have been a powerful figure but he’s powerful in death- which is why legends never die. They die in the physical form but that warrior spirit can never be diminished. What I take from it is that his mission and purpose wasn’t symbolic— he is more influential to the race than any black self appointed leaders that we have alive today. Malcolm X had the ultimate revenge - success. 60 yrs later - gone but never forgotten. 60 yrs from now - same.

What’s equal sick is the deceitful lying manipulating b*stards that are still alive and tried to justify Malcolm’s death- how anybody could agree or sanction this will never be rationalized to me. Left with the worst of the leftovers from worthless leaders. Malcolm said before he was murdered by the US govt in collusion with the NOI that they had more hate and vengeance for him, standing for what he believed than for the white racists. How they took Malcolm out but left the kkk, White supremacists untouched is all the evil that I need to see from them. I don’t f with the NOI or Farrakhan.

True, but I feel like we really fell off once they started killing our figureheads off and that was by design to weaken us.

That's why Bill Clinton threw shade on people like Stokley Carmichael for John Lewis in that eulogy. :mjpls:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
True, but I feel like we really fell off once they started killing our figureheads off and that was by design to weaken us.

That's why Bill Clinton threw shade on people like Stokley Carmichael for John Lewis in that eulogy. :mjpls:
Exactly. Anyone not catering to them or influential to black people as far as real empowerment. They will eulogize a Jesse Jackson and Ale Sharpton but Dr. Welsing, Khalid Muhammad barely received a sound byte. or they’ll invent a set of charges to send our real leaders into obscurity like they did with H. Rap Brown and others.
:mjpls:
They only keep around or promote the false idols that “know their place” and only cause “good trubbah” .
Stokely should have minded his manners and stop making white folk feel uncomfortable with all that activism talk - get along to go along

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Exactly. Anyone not catering to them or influential to black people as far as real empowerment. They will eulogize a Jesse Jackson and Ale Sharpton but Dr. Welsing, Khalid Muhammad barely received a sound byte. or they’ll invent a set of charges to send our real leaders into obscurity like they did with H. Rap Brown and others.
They only keep around or promote the false idols that “know their place” and only cause “good trubbah” .
Stokely should have minded his manners and stop making white folk feel uncomfortable with all that activism talk - get along to go along

That's why I had to stay out the John Lewis conversations when people were bragging about him because he's not a name that comes up a lot amongst Black folks when talking about great Black leaders.

I had nothing good to say about that man.

:hubie:

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I been saying this about NOI. They slaughtered an entire family with babies included over a fukking letter, but cacs was talking shyt about Elijah Muhammad all day long but I ain't read one story of them running up in some white man's house or media outlet to handle them tho. They talked all that rah rah but they wasn't trying to shed white blood like that. Clowns.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
That's why I had to stay out the John Lewis conversations when people were bragging about him because he's not a name that comes up a lot amongst Black folks when talking about great Black leaders.

I had nothing good to say about that man.

:hubie:
Why? Didn't he risk his life for our people during that protest brother. What are your thoughts on him?