God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
combat is definitely more fluid this time out. kratos bobs and weaves now; you have to time evasions with the swings coming at you, instead of just getting out of the way (you could definitely do it in the last game, but i never felt like i had too, minus sigrin). you can also evade in the wrong direction and get tagged anyway. it's small, but it feels like more strategy is required if you're gonna play defensively.

it's already been said, but need to reiterate: thor is a problem. and he's too fast to be called fat. he's just BIG. lol.

Which difficulty yall started on? I'm definitely not fukking with Give Me God of War yet :picard:

EDIT: Playing on an OLED is :wow:

i started on hard/give me a challenge. i usually do that first and save GMGOW for the replay. i'm sure i can handle it after running back sekiro and elden ring. but no way in hell i'm starting on GMGOW if there's another set of those valkyries waiting out there in the 9 realms. FUKK that shyt. :russ:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
So what was the ending like? :ehh:
(You know...because the norm is to buy a game, rush through it, skip everything, and tell the world you beat the game before anyone else)
This Kratos is a clone created by the Norse gods to create the perfect god, by having Clone Kratos and Faye reproduce and create Atreus. Real Kratos died after 3.

Atreus was created by the all father to stop Ragnarok. Atreus, pissed at the gods for their hurbris, decides to bring on Ragnarok instead. The end

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I got just under 2 hours in last night and put the game to bed after replaying the 2nd boss fight. Game is the truth. I had just replayed and beat the story mode of 2018 the day before as well, but didn't get to finishing all the Valkries.

Damn, I tried my damnedst to get my new job's start date pushed back one more week. Now I gotta wait until I get home to play and can't even take off yet. :mjcry:

Last edited:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing in the hardest difficulty, i've gotten considerably weaker in single player game combat. My parrying timing is so off, but I expect to pick it up the longer I play. I'm enjoying the challenge.

I also kept trying to par/block with L2 I don't know why. I changed the settings to have blocking as L2 and played like that for a while but then decided to switch back to the default configuration.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do really wish they had released the pro controller for this, the extra paddles would come in handy. They definitely added a lot of layers to the combat