Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m not sure why they aren’t starting with Greek mythology, The boys is already on season 3
Alot of people don't want to admit but GOW is mostly popular because of the 2018 game. Were talking about Games that sold in excess of 20million, versus the original games that averaged around 1 or 2 million in sales. Making the series based on the greek saga would have a bunch of current fans asking where atreus is and why Kratos doesn't have his Axe.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Alot of people don't want to admit but GOW is mostly popular because of the 2018 game. Were talking about Games that sold in excess of 20million, versus the original games that averaged around 1 or 2 million in sales. Making the series based on the greek saga would have a bunch of current fans asking where atreus is and why Kratos doesn't have his Axe.

I just feel like its gonna run into the same ‘issue’ as The Last of Us, where if its mega popular they run out of source material quickly.

A lot of Santa Monica studio people working on it

Judkins, Fergus and Ostby are executive producing God of War with Santa Monica Studio creative director Cory Barlog, PlayStation Productions' Qizilbash and Carter Swan, Santa Monica Studio's Yumi Yang and Vertigo's Roy Lee. Santa Monica Studio's Jeff Ketcham is co-EP.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just feel like its gonna run into the same ‘issue’ as The Last of Us, where if its mega popular they run out of source material quickly.

I think the Witcher series ran into the opposite problem. They based the show off the books instead of the wildly popular game the witcher 3.
Had a bunch of casuals who enjoyed the games not know what was going on even though season 1 was actually pretty on point with the time jumps based on the source material. They still went and ordered a prequel series anyways but since they had no other material to base prequels on they just made up a new history. With this they could start with the norse saga, then if that proves successful they could do a prequel series in greece.