God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You might as well let Demario stay on the field to make the mistakes Bart Scott makes.

At least we know it can possibly lead to improvement. Scott's upside died years ago and is weighed down in his slow ass feet.

Daps
Man....the times Alex got sacked, you saw that he wanted to let it go but something held him back.

The end justifies the means, so taking a sack may be the best thing for him to do than to make a risky pass since alex really isn't the most accurate thrower downfield. But he seems to know who he is more than Mark.

Oh yeah, I been saying that in the 49ers thread, people don't notice how intentional a lot of our sacks are. Not that we want pressure and sacks, but you`ll see Alex usually doesn't try to scramble backwards and do crazy stuff that will lose him big yards, usually it's "oh shyt, pressure, no one open let me make this a small lass" type of sack.

Almost all of our sacks are the 2-3 yard variety. He still is an extension of Harbaugh, but that's what we need. He turns it on when has to, and he can we have seen it before. He's not store but he's not Trent Dilfer either.

I say it all the time, 49ers are a symbiotic team, you can tell the philosophy is all 3 phases make this team win, not one like GB, NO or other type teams. The defense plays stout ball not giving up much, the offense plays smart and limits turnovers while running clock and ST gives us the field position.

It's all by design, that's Harbaugh for you. Not about stats or making anyone look good. I love it

Daps
You might as well let Demario stay on the field to make the mistakes Bart Scott makes.

At least we know it can possibly lead to improvement. Scott's upside died years ago and is weighed down in his slow ass feet.

I think you're right, I never been a fan of Scott but it's evident now there isn't much left in his tank, why not give the defense some new legs and a fresh shot of youth.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Oh yeah, I been saying that in the 49ers thread, people don't notice how intentional a lot of our sacks are. Not that we want pressure and sacks, but you`ll see Alex usually doesn't try to scramble backwards and do crazy stuff that will lose him big yards, usually it's "oh shyt, pressure, no one open let me make this a small lass" type of sack.

Almost all of our sacks are the 2-3 yard variety. He still is an extension of Harbaugh, but that's what we need. He turns it on when has to, and he can we have seen it before. He's not store but he's not Trent Dilfer either.

I say it all the time, 49ers are a symbiotic team, you can tell the philosophy is all 3 phases make this team win, not one like GB, NO or other type teams. The defense plays stout ball not giving up much, the offense plays smart and limits turnovers while running clock and ST gives us the field position.

It's all by design, that's Harbaugh for you. Not about stats or making anyone look good. I love it

Yeah. I got it watching yesterday's game since I don't usually watch them.
Smith is a smart Qb in that sense.

Daps
Yeah. I got it watching yesterday's game since I don't usually watch them.
Smith is a smart Qb in that sense.

It's funny because it has become a demonizing term to "manage" a game.

The #1 job of a QB is to manage the game at first, to manage something means you are in control.

That's why when Alex said that shyt about Cam people got real mad, but you look at it and it's the truth. All that matters is the W and all them high profile passers, most them putting up yards cause the teams got no defense whatsoever

NYC Rebel

Daps
It's funny because it has become a demonizing term to "manage" a game.

The [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] job of a QB is to manage the game at first, to manage something means you are in control.

That's why when Alex said that shyt about Cam people got real mad, but you look at it and it's the truth. All that matters is the W and all them high profile passers, most them putting up yards cause the teams got no defense whatsoever

That Cam shyt he said was retarded.

No one should go through life looking at starting ROOKIE QB win-loss record. I don't think I've ever looked for a #1 pick rookie season and cared about their win/loss record.

Alex set a precedence for stupidity with that.

Daps
That Cam shyt he said was retarded.

No one should go through life looking at starting ROOKIE QB win-loss record. I don't think I've ever looked for a #1 pick rookie season and cared about their win/loss record.

Alex set a precedence for stupidity with that.

It wasn't that dumb though, it was dumb in context and criticism to Cam.

But I don't think that was really what it was meant to be, he was more defending his style of play against putting up big numbers when you're down in games.

I think he should have left Cam's name out because Cam really has top 5 talent while Alex really doesn't.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It wasn't that dumb though, it was dumb in context and criticism to Cam.

But I don't think that was really what it was meant to be, he was more defending his style of play against putting up big numbers when you're down in games.

I think he should have left Cam's name out because Cam really has top 5 talent while Alex really doesn't.

It is that dumb.

How does a team draft a first pick at QB without being bad?

:heh:

Name the QB drafted first you know of that had their ROOKIE win/loss record scrutinized.

:heh:

It was DUMB

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Alright man, i`m making this up.

Dude is clearly blaming everyone but Sanchez. Now he has a point as those players suck too, but Sanchez is atrocious and this guy clearly doesn't want to see that.

For the most part I actually see some of you guys coming around.

not defending sanchez, but if you look at the WRs, RBs, TE from yesterday's game, NONE of those guys (no holmes) are starting on any other roster, NONE.

see ya mikey t.

Daps
not defending sanchez, but if you look at the WRs, RBs, TE from yesterday's game, NONE of those guys (no holmes) are starting on any other roster, NONE.

see ya mikey t.

So tell me then why was Sanchez bottom 10 is passer rating those years with all the talent? The years he had Holmes/Edwards he was bottom 10. Holmes/Burres bottom 10.

Sure he is really looking bad this year, but my point is he was always bad and now it really shows. Don't try and pass the blame to his counterparts, because he has always been a bad QB.

I see Tannehill doing more with less. I see Ponder doing more with less. I see Locker doing more with less.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the alex shyt, he was just retarded to mention cam. Im sure what he meant is that lots of qbs throw the ball a lot when theyre behind and get a lot of yards. and hes ok with not doing that but get wins instead. or something to that degree.

for someone supposedly smart alex sure doesnt appear so socially. dudes mad awkward and has troubles communicating.

Daps
the alex shyt, he was just retarded to mention cam. Im sure what he meant is that lots of qbs throw the ball a lot when theyre behind and get a lot of yards. and hes ok with not doing that but get wins instead. or something to that degree.

for someone supposedly smart alex sure doesnt appear so socially. dudes mad awkward and has troubles communicating.

Yeah I think we all agree it was stupid to mention Cam, but it wasn't a prepared statement either or anything. He was just thinking off the cuff and came up with that.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So tell me then why was Sanchez bottom 10 is passer rating those years with all the talent? The years he had Holmes/Edwards he was bottom 10. Holmes/Burres bottom 10.

Sure he is really looking bad this year, but my point is he was always bad and now it really shows. Don't try and pass the blame to his counterparts, because he has always been a bad QB.

I see Tannehill doing more with less. I see Ponder doing more with less. I see Locker doing more with less.

what years? he's been in the league for his 4th year, before he had a solid running game and would rely on play action alot but had more talent around him. no one ever said he was an elite quarterback

he's never been that good but he was mistake free in the playoffs for the most part