God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
#JetLife #JetLife #JetLife

well, the first preseason game is tonight. Might as well officially start the thread as is. fukk the hype. Just worrying about the uncertainty of this season. Gotta figure out how to use the relatively weak schedule to their advantage. Hopefully these spots get solidified, especially at some crucial positions. Either they will shock us all or it's just gonna be Chapter 44 of the book of S.O.J.

QB- Mark Sanchez, USC #6
QB- Tim Tebow, Florida #15
RB- Shonn Greene, Iowa State #23
RB- Joe McKnight, USC #25
FB- Joe Conner, Kentucky #38
WR- Santonio Holmes, Ohio State #10
WR- Chaz Schilens, San Diego State #85
WR- Jeremy Kerley, TCU #11
TE- Dustin Keller, Purdue #81
LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia #60
LG- Matt Slauson, Nebraska #68
C- Nick Mangold, Ohio State #74
RG- Brandon Moore, Illinois #65
RT- Wayne Hunter, Hawaii #78

NT- Sione Po'uha, Utah
DT- Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple
DE- Quinton Coples, North Carolina #98
DE- Mike DeVito, Maine #70
ILB- David Harris, Michigan #52
ILB- Bart Scott, Southern Illinois #57
OLB- Calvin Pace- Wake Forest #97
OLB- Bryan Thomas, UAB #58
OLB- Aaron Maybin, Penn State #51
CB- Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh #24
CB- Antonio Cromartie, Florida State #31
S- Yeremiah Bell, Eastern Kentucky #37
S- LaRon Landry, LSU #30

K- Nick Folk, Arizona #2
P- T.J. Conley, Idaho #4

Other key pieces
FB- Josh Baker, Northwest Missouri State #45
RB- Bilal Powell, Louisville #29
WR- Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech #84
TE- Jeff Cumberland, Illinois #86
TE- Hayden Smith, Metropolitan State #82
LG- Caleb Schlauderaff, Utah #72
RT- Austin Howard, Northern Iowa #77
CB- Kyle Wilson, Boise State #20
K- Josh Brown, Nebraska #3
P. Travis Baltz, Maryland #5

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Watching Ingram, Chandler Jones and Nick Perry all make plays last night got me really angry.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No. Didn't like the guys you named either.

If Coples makes plays in the first preseason game will that make you happy?

Why wouldnt it make me happy? Id like to see our first round pick play well, considering I think he's a total stiff. The three guys I listed all had better film than Cpples imo. Coples was a 5th round talent to me at best. Puzzling how these guys go so early...

When people start saying the need more time to develop they most likely suck. First round picks who have the goods you can tell from the first preseason game that they can play.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why wouldnt it make me happy? Id like to see our first round pick play well, considering I think he's a total stiff. The three guys I listed all had better film than Cpples imo. Coples was a 5th round talent to me at best. Puzzling how these guys go so early...

When people start saying the need more time to develop they most likely suck. First round picks who have the goods you can tell from the first preseason game that they can play.
:mindblown:

Coples' issue isn't his talent. That's not why I'm down on Coples. He's talented as fukk. He just takes too many plays off for me to not think "this could be another Gholston"

EDIT: as I say this Pete Schwartz said Coples has flat out sucked in camp.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
:mindblown:

Coples' issue isn't his talent. That's not why I'm down on Coples. He's talented as fukk. He just takes too many plays off for me to not think "this could be another Gholston"

When I watch Coples I dont see a whole lot of talent. Plays stiff and high. Limited explosion. A stand on top of the pile guy.

If we wanted to gamble on a physical specimen, Jones was the guy. Not some stoned runny nosed doofus.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
When I watch Coples I dont see a whole lot of talent. Plays stiff and high. Limited explosion. A stand on top of the pile guy.

If we wanted to gamble on a physical specimen, Jones was the guy. Not some stoned runny nosed doofus.

I tell you one thing....I was watching Mo Wilkerson's performance from all last season through the coaches cam.

Dog....this dude is NEVER FOOLED. He ALWAYS knows what teams are trying to do to him and makes the right read. I saw teams try to run 12 screens to his side last season, and he got sucked into ZERO. He was just a bit slow to the ball. He lost 15 points this offseason. This dude is about to beast.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
mets suck
and the back to school commercials are on

that must mean another year of jet life is upon us

last year made me go crazy, wonder what'll happen this year

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I tell you one thing....I was watching Mo Wilkerson's performance from all last season through the coaches cam.

Dog....this dude is NEVER FOOLED. He ALWAYS knows what teams are trying to do to him and makes the right read. I saw teams try to run 12 screens to his side last season, and he got sucked into ZERO. He was just a bit slow to the ball. He lost 15 points this offseason. This dude is about to beast.

I cant wait to watch Mo this season. Didnt realize he shed weight. The only thing that I didnt love abotu him last year was the closing speed. Im embarrassingly excited for tonight.