Duckburg, NY

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do western games care about soundtracks at all?

I liked tsushima but i cant think of anything memorable from new other games recently

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a rare choice but my vote goes to Ristar. I remember picking this game up before I ended up getting an N64 in 97. It was a late Genesis classic IMO. Solid gameplay, nice artstyle and a bangin ass OST

BQMl.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do western games care about soundtracks at all?

I liked tsushima but i cant think of anything memorable from new other games recently

Aiming for two different things, really.

For one, licensed music is far more prominent.

Secondly, soundtracks for a lot of western games seem like they are meant to be more complimentary to the tone set by the story, whereas Japanese soundtracks seemed more like they were meant to be part of setting the tone.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Aiming for two different things, really.

For one, licensed music is far more prominent.

Secondly, soundtracks for a lot of western games seem like they are meant to be more complimentary to the tone set by the story, whereas Japanese soundtracks seemed more like they were meant to be part of setting the tone.

It’s like the difference between marvel and dc movies scores

A lot of dc movies use a lot of licensed music now, that was even a big part of meme with suicide squad. Where as marvel movies are just ambiguous orchestral rifts

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s like the difference between marvel and dc movies scores

A lot of dc movies use a lot of licensed music now, that was even a big part of meme with suicide squad. Where as marvel movies are just ambiguous orchestral rifts

I don't know about that one, breh. Both kind've have a little bit of both sides of that.

The Avengers theme goes hard.

And just off the top of my head, Doctor Strange and Black Panther had scores that I can easily associate with their respective characters/movies.

And you can't sleep on "Agatha All Along"

The Wonder Woman theme is a standout.

Man of Steel was one of the few Hans Zimmer scores I can fukk with these days.

But at the same time, Justice League (both versions) are built more around licensed music, but that's really more of a Zack Snyder thing than anything. At least Gary Clark Jr got some shine off that Come Together cover.

Iron Man relied on licensed music so much on licensed music that AC/DC really got away with throwing out the shyttiest possible greatest hits collection as an Iron Man 2 soundtrack. What I remember most about the Spider-Man movies in the MCU is licensed music (Homecoming reminded me that "Save it for Later" is piff).

I guess it really just depends on who they let run with music in each movie.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't know about that one, breh. Both kind've have a little bit of both sides of that.

The Avengers theme goes hard.

And just off the top of my head, Doctor Strange and Black Panther had scores that I can easily associate with their respective characters/movies.

And you can't sleep on "Agatha All Along"

The Wonder Woman theme is a standout.

Man of Steel was one of the few Hans Zimmer scores I can fukk with these days.

But at the same time, Justice League (both versions) are built more around licensed music, but that's really more of a Zack Snyder thing than anything. At least Gary Clark Jr got some shine off that Come Together cover.

Iron Man relied on licensed music so much on licensed music that AC/DC really got away with throwing out the shyttiest possible greatest hits collection as an Iron Man 2 soundtrack. What I remember most about the Spider-Man movies in the MCU is licensed music (Homecoming reminded me that "Save it for Later" is piff).

I guess it really just depends on who they let run with music in each movie.

I’m not really ready to die on the marvel vs dc hill on this one, i just think recently its been more noticeable, i could be completely wrong.

Like, even the kendrick black panther song is prob the most stand out song from a marvel movie in years. So i honestly dont know. I personally couldn’t associate any direct theme or song with antman, captain marvel, dr strange...etc spiderman is the obvious iconic theme though