Gladiator 2 - (Ridley Scott/Nov 22nd)

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Gladiator is my favorite movie, so hopefully this lives up to any 70% of that and I’ll be ok with it.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
This is the epitome of unnecessary. With that said, anyone care to explain how a bad sequel/prequel makes a classic movie less classic?:jbhmm:

Just look at the Matrix’s, some stories don’t need continuations and should be left to the viewers to wander what happens next. I remember when the Matrix Reloaded was announced telling my brehs that it was unnceccsary and that the first one ended perfectly and then the sequels just tarnished shyt. Gladiator ended perfectly, he got the revenge he was after and was reunited with his family and Rome was made a democracy according to the previous Emperors will.

Daps
do we really need this? I kinda consider Spartacus to be the definitive conclusion to Gladiator

the first episode is pretty much the same storyline

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
OK, after thinking about this...I contemplated that there is only one story avenue I could "Maybe" and it's a big maybe....get with.....And That's expanding Jabu story (Played by Djimon Hounsou). The ending of the film sets up nicely to continue his story.

04-hounsou-gladiator.jpg

gladiator-2000-russell-crowe-djimon-hounsou-pic-1.jpg

You think Ridley is going to make a movie that focuses on a black man and his story :mjlol: he had Sigourney weaver playing cleopatra. I like your idea though

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven was dope.
Directors cut of kingdom of heaven is one of the biggest improvements of a directors cut I've ever seen..that movie is classic to me. For years I had no fukking idea Edward Norton was the king with the skin disease... Some of the best cinematography of Ridleys career as well. Why does Ridley still allow the studios to gut his films? It happened with blade runner as well, and probably some others I'm not thinking of

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Don't know how I missed this thread. :dwillhuh:

Ridley Scott Gives a Rough Estimate of Gladiator 2's Start Date

Also, :dead: :what: :snoop: at the plot of a written version:

The Gladiator sequel has gone through various iterations over the years. At one point, Nick Cave even wrote a script that revolves around Maximus being resurrected and sent back to Earth by the Roman gods to kill Jesus Christ and stop the spread of Christianity. In March 2017, Scott once again teased the idea of reviving Maximus in the sequel, teasing, "I know how to bring him back." Two years after that, in June 2019, producers Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald confirmed Peter Craig is writing the current screenplay for Gladiator 2, which they said "picks up the story [...] 25 years later."

How the fukk is this guy employed? :scust:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Just call it something else.
How they gonna top the awesomeness of the first one?
Man, watching it at the cinemas was one of the best experiences.
Even the soundtrack was incredible.
Even if the movie ends up being great, This won't measure up because of the name and the expectations that name will bring