Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Hands-On Preview: Gigantic

While the game doesn’t quite fit the definition of MOBA, Gigantic is very much a competitive multiplayer action game. There are no creeps, no base to destroy, and no lanes to push on the map offered. Instead, the focus of Gigantic is to power up your guardian to attack the opposing team’s guardian and whittle away its health. You power up the guardian by killing enemies and holding onto specific points on the map. At these predetermined points you can summon a creature to heal, stun and reveal enemies, or shoot fire at them. There are only a handful of these locations and they become hotly contested areas as you encroach on the enemies spawn location. And thankfully there is no spawn killing as both teams begin on a platform that has a one way exit that bounces you into the action.
Once you have gathered enough energy for your guardian, it will make its way towards its opposition, eventually knocking it down and opening up the chance for you to deal damage. If done correctly, your team will eliminate an entire health bar, of which there are three, during that time of vulnerability. If not, then you leave the enemy team open to pull ahead, as once the health reaches a certain point, i.e. 1/3 is fully depleted, the guardian will get up and once again become invulnerable. This means even if you left a sliver of that 1/3, you won’t be able to touch the other 2/3 until you have taken care of that small amount of health. This pushes teamwork, as only a full team can adequately deal out maximum damage in the small amount of time given.
Moment to moment gameplay consists of trying to outdo the enemy. In the match I played I chose Charnok, a dragon/sorcerer with high damage output. Your skills are assigned to the triggers, with L3 and R3 combined activating your most powerful ability, in my case, a pillar of flame that marches forward dealing massive damage. My base attack was shooting out a pelt of fire, which could be charged up by holding the trigger and releasing. Left trigger caused my character to spew flame from its mouth, right bumper gave me an extra boost to my jumps, and left bumper called down fire in an area of effect attack. Each has their own cooldown, which can be easily referenced not only on the bottom part of the screen, but also along the reticule in numbers. This ensures that you won’t have to look away from the main portion of the screen to check on cooldowns. Each skill can also be upgraded down a different branch, having you choose between a variety of modifiers. For example I could cause my flame breath to block projectiles, or shorten its reach but increase the damage dealt.
Matches last about 15-20 minutes, and developer Motiga is aiming for a competitive game that allows for upsets and underdog moments from a losing team. Currently there are 16 heroes to choose from, with enough variety in both playstyle and look that anyone is sure to find something they like. Cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows is an opt-in option for those who don’t mind facing off against PC users. There will be multiple maps, with the one shown on the floor and in the hands-off demo I saw being a desert canyon with lots of side track paths to potentially sneak around in. The art style is very defined and colorful, almost capturing that timeless look of The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker. Unfortunately Gigantic does not have a release date, although they hope to put the game out this holiday season. I hope so as well, but in the meantime I’ll wait for the beta access on Xbox One, as Gigantic is now something I want to play more and more of.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Gigantic open beta for Xbox One, Windows 10 launches December 8
posted on 11.29.16 at 12:16 PM EST by Sal Romano (@salromano)

A weekly rotation of six heroes across three maps.

Perfect World Entertainment and Motiga will launch an open beta of its free-to-play multiplayer online battle action game Gigantic for Xbox One via the Xbox Game Preview program and for Windows 10 PCs in North America and Europe on December 8, Perfect World announced. It will offer cross-platform play between platforms. A Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 release is planned for a later date.

A closed beta test will run between December 1 at 9:00 a.m. PT and December 4 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Perfect World:

Gigantic is a free-to-play competitive action MOBA developed by Motiga. Even though it’s gorgeously rendered, light-hearted and charming, Gigantic is for enthusiast gamers and pits teams of five hardcore heroes and their massive Guardians against each other in epic battles across a variety of maps. The game combines explosive combat with fast-paced teamwork, strategy, and skill, as players are required to work together and fight relentlessly to defeat opposing Guardians with spells, guns and swords.

As part of the Xbox Game Preview program, the free Open Beta features a weekly rotation of six heroes from a roster of 16 and three maps: Siren’s Stand, Ghost Reef and Sanctum Falls. Each hero features a unique playstyle that can be further customized via skill trees during each match. Teams work together to attack enemies while claiming points on the map to summon powerful Creatures. Players can power up their team’s Guardian by controlling the battlefield and defeating enemies. Victory is awarded to the team that overpowers their opponents’ Guardian.

Read more at Gigantic open beta for Xbox One, Windows 10 launches December 8 - Gematsu

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Forgot all about this
So did Microsoft :mjlol:

Hero Shooter Gigantic Shutting Down In July
news

by Imran Khan on February 01, 2018 at 04:13 PM
GiganticPWEAnn_2D00_610.jpg

Gigantic, the hero shooter from developer Motiga games, is shutting down on July 31, with the last content update having just released in January.

Motiga suffered massive layoffs when parent company Perfect World sliced away big chunks of their gaming division, even closing Torchlight developer Runic Games in the process. Motiga barely survived closure, but lost the vast majority of their staff, making continuation of Gigantic a near-impossible task.

The closure was reported on the game's blog today, though has clearly been inevitable for some time. "Over the last several months, the teams at Motiga and Perfect World looked into viable options to sustain Gigantic," the post says. "However, the current state of the game has restricted options for further progress and relevant content updates, and delivering basic features while also fixing long-standing issues was more complicated than expected. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to find an impactful solution that would help Gigantic break through in a crowded market."

From now until the game closes, the shop is still open, but at discounted prices.

Gigantic's beta launched in August 2015, while the game itself launched in July 2017. The layoffs at Motiga occurred in November, less than six months after the game released.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So did Microsoft :mjlol:

Hero Shooter Gigantic Shutting Down In July
news

by Imran Khan on February 01, 2018 at 04:13 PM
GiganticPWEAnn_2D00_610.jpg

Gigantic, the hero shooter from developer Motiga games, is shutting down on July 31, with the last content update having just released in January.

Motiga suffered massive layoffs when parent company Perfect World sliced away big chunks of their gaming division, even closing Torchlight developer Runic Games in the process. Motiga barely survived closure, but lost the vast majority of their staff, making continuation of Gigantic a near-impossible task.

The closure was reported on the game's blog today, though has clearly been inevitable for some time. "Over the last several months, the teams at Motiga and Perfect World looked into viable options to sustain Gigantic," the post says. "However, the current state of the game has restricted options for further progress and relevant content updates, and delivering basic features while also fixing long-standing issues was more complicated than expected. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to find an impactful solution that would help Gigantic break through in a crowded market."

From now until the game closes, the shop is still open, but at discounted prices.

Gigantic's beta launched in August 2015, while the game itself launched in July 2017. The layoffs at Motiga occurred in November, less than six months after the game released.

Microsoft plz:mjcry: