Ghostface's Bulletproof Wallets-The OG version

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
Anybody remember the original track list for this?

And anybody have CDQs for The Watch, The Sun, Good Times, the original Flowers, or any other tracks that weren't put on the actual album or were altered from their original version?

Work your magic. Hook me up brehs.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
x549oj.jpg

Not sure I can call all of these CDQ, I'll have to listen on my speakers tomorrow, but The Watch sounds good, The Sun sounds good, Good Times sounds okay and Flowers sounds like it might be a little eh...

Let me know if you want this though.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
here's the tracklisting for the promo to BPW that dropped before the retail did...i believe this is the version that was reviewed in The Source and XXL.

Code:
01 ³ The Sun ³ 03:23 ³ ³
02 ³ Never Be the Same ³ 03:54 ³ ³
03 ³ The Forest ³ 03:41 ³ ³
04 ³ Flowers ³ 03:18 ³ ³
05 ³ Maxine ³ 03:56 ³ ³
06 ³ Walking Thru the Darkness ³ 03:20 ³ ³
07 ³ The Juks ³ 04:09 ³ ³
08 ³ Strawberry ³ 03:06 ³ ³
09 ³ Good Times ³ 03:17 ³ ³
10 ³ I Need Ya Honey ³ 03:59 ³ ³

this promo is pretty good quality but it's edited for some reason. you're better off just collecting the CDQ versions of "The Watch", "Flowers (O.G. Version)", "The Forest (O.G. Version)", "The Sun" and "Good Times" elsewhere.

if nobody laces you by tomorrow afternoon, i can drop the best quality versions of those joints i've found...

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
x549oj.jpg

Not sure I can call all of these CDQ, I'll have to listen on my speakers tomorrow, but The Watch sounds good, The Sun sounds good, Good Times sounds okay and Flowers sounds like it might be a little eh...

here's the tracklisting for the promo to BPW that dropped before the retail did...i believe this is the version that was reviewed in The Source and XXL.

Code:
01 ³ The Sun ³ 03:23 ³ ³
02 ³ Never Be the Same ³ 03:54 ³ ³
03 ³ The Forest ³ 03:41 ³ ³
04 ³ Flowers ³ 03:18 ³ ³
05 ³ Maxine ³ 03:56 ³ ³
06 ³ Walking Thru the Darkness ³ 03:20 ³ ³
07 ³ The Juks ³ 04:09 ³ ³
08 ³ Strawberry ³ 03:06 ³ ³
09 ³ Good Times ³ 03:17 ³ ³
10 ³ I Need Ya Honey ³ 03:59 ³ ³

this promo is pretty good quality but it's edited for some reason. you're better off just collecting the CDQ versions of "The Watch", "Flowers (O.G. Version)", "The Forest (O.G. Version)", "The Sun" and "Good Times" elsewhere.

if nobody laces you by tomorrow afternoon, i can drop the best quality versions of those joints i've found...

:myman: My coli brehs coming thru. Hook me up with what you got. I'll delete anything I don't want/need. I bought the retail first week but was a little disappointed when I realized that Ghost didn't/couldn't release the album as he intended due to sampling issues. Hate when that happens. Anyway, I heard most of these songs around the time the album came out but they had DJs yelling on them and they were low bit rates. Trying to get the best quality for my collection so I can put together a dope playlist. Love Ghost. He been ill for a long-ass time.

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
You couldn't imagine my frustration from when I bought that retail version the first day it came out after listening to the advance. I was heart broken.:why:

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
x549oj.jpg

Would appreciate the hookup, been wanting to put together a legit version of BPW and my version of Good Times is :scusthov:

I swear P Tone's gotta have the greatest unreleased catalogue in hip hop. Sooooo many gems

Change

All Star
Daps
I should still have the original bootleg cd here from the day it came out. I'll look for it.

The only thing with the bootleg is that (forget which song) and the watch was one long track. Two songs on one track. It wasn't split up until these internet versions popped up.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
the watch, the sun and good times all appeared on hidden darts so those should all be cd quality. the only hard ones to find should be flowers and the forest. i have the original flowers but i dont think the quality is that great.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would appreciate the hookup, been wanting to put together a legit version of BPW and my version of Good Times is :scusthov:

I swear P Tone's gotta have the greatest unreleased catalogue in hip hop. Sooooo many gems

Check my profile.

I also included another EP of unreleased tracks which contains mostly the same tracks, but it also includes a slightly better version of Flowers (still not the best quality).

Link will be up for a few days.

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
Its not much but heres the cdq of the original version of flowers and the forest

[ame=http://www.sharebeast.com/5scikb4mdkxf]16-ghostface-the_forest_(original_uncleared_sample_version)-3am.mp3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.sharebeast.com/7izwxzv2qm52]17-ghostface-flowers_(original_uncleared_sample_version)-3am.mp3[/ame]

:snoop: at Epic for screwing over Ghost and ruining what would have been a 3rd classic for him by not clearing those samples. Its funny they screwed him with each of his releases while signed to them. On Ironman they couldnt put the original box in hand on the album as well as pulling soul controller off the album both due to samples. Next on Supreme they messed up the tracklisting and left off the song Wise (a dedication to his deceased homie) and had to switch Ghost Deni and then the death blow Bulletproof Wallets. Epic records gets the :mindblown: when it comes to their hip-hop ask Cam'Ron they had him :sadcam:

Change

All Star
Daps
How the fukk could Epic not clear Flowers? I'm guessing that's what happened. But damn how do you become like the 2nd person ever to not be able to clear Bob James?