Ghana's Obama Mahama Faces Election Test

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
This is old but interesting interview with CIV's President. They've had an impressive few years, also backed by export of raw materials, but have coupled this with big investment in infrastructure.

Subscribe to read

yea CIV has been getting it right post conflict and has been growing very fast. It's good to see a Francophone country on the right path

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. No industrialization, no manufacturing = no significant growth. All that "Africa Rising" narrative was based exportation of raw materials/raw commodities. The link is industrializing which means electricity, infrastructure and eventually manufacturing to employ low skill labor en masses and become what China was 25-30 years ago and become the world's factory.
I've been posting this video on this forum any chance i can get. Skip to 11:00

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
fukk mahama.
purposefully shutting off power in certain districts simply because i doesnt like the ethnic group that lives there
fukk that motherfukker

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their oil find was good but not substantial in the way that countries like Gabon or Libya experienced. A larger find may have made a difference and the rest of the country that rely on agriculture may have had some investments instead of smuggling their cocoa through Ivory Coast to get good prices.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Their oil find was good but not substantial in the way that countries like Gabon or Libya experienced. A larger find may have made a difference and the rest of the country that rely on agriculture may have had some investments instead of smuggling their cocoa through Ivory Coast to get good prices.

Ivory Coast's experimentation with aiding cocoa farmers is right next door. All Ghana has to do is copy their best practices.