Ghana's farmers eye sweet success from chocolate

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I want Haiti to experience this

Haiti is done.

The only hope for Haiti (and the diaspora in general) is a strong & united Africa.

With a strong Africa - the diaspora can rise and fight against the neo-colonial demons from Europe & North America that currently control and manipulate our nations.

Pan-Africanism is the only global solution.

Anything else is time-wasting.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
60 years breh. We're still waiting.... :francis: :martin:

dont worry, those of us under the age of 30 are more receptive to Pan-Africanism.

The old heads are too busy going to church and working for white people.

Those of us under 30 are more entrepreneur-minded and we have access to more information.

The young people gotta fix everything cause the old heads was bullshyttin

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Haiti is done.

The only hope for Haiti (and the diaspora in general) is a strong & united Africa.

With a strong Africa - the diaspora can rise and fight against the neo-colonial demons from Europe & North America that currently control and manipulate our nations.

Pan-Africanism is the only global solution.

Anything else is time-wasting.

I don’t subscribe to people that say “things are done”

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
How comes there is no local sugar and diary industry?

• Dap
Reactions: b_b

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If it's not already in the works, the Trade and Industry minister should fund agricultural research at an HBCU.

In this case the University of the Virgin Islands would be the best fit because cocoa grows there.

Try to develop new uses for the crop like Carver did with the peanut. Let your local students/scientists go down there and work with the VI counterparts.
George Washington Mensah and Tim Duncan's little brother will figure it out.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Local governments need to stop talking and present plans I the short-term to make this a reality. Where are the tax dollars going?

The Philippines and Dominican Republic have cacao farms and factories where they grow and process their own chocolate. Hell, when I was in Japan they also had a large chocolate selection all over...and that is mostly mountain, not tropical.
Ghana does manufacture its own chocolate though
Kingsbite.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Kingsbite.
Best chocolate I've ever tasted was Ghanaian.

79b093c4b4ad38ecc053e778c4c1b151536be1be.gifv

Oh, yeah the candy bars taste good too

*hehehehe

morris

Superstar
Daps
Kingsbite.
Is it on a mass level? Meaning their own chocolate bars, deals with chocolate brands...and not just local ones?

I know Whole Foods has chocolate bars but unsure if Ghanaian.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
its good they are thinking long term. if they export that much cocoa and only see less than 3% back they are getting juiced like a mutherfukker. I often wonder when it comes to african countries if the roadblock is infrastructure and industrialization, how do they get over the hump? I am sure western powers would kneecap them by offering dog shyt deals and interest rates/prices but there has to be some way to gear up without getting ratfukked by the west.

if post ww1 germany can industrialize and become the teched out, demonic entity it was during ww2 then anyone can do it. sound like africa really could use a union type system to strengthen trade with member nations. i hope to see that in my lifetime.
:patrice:Pretty sure Germany industrialized way before WW1.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Is it on a mass level? Meaning their own chocolate bars, deals with chocolate brands...and not just local ones?

I know Whole Foods has chocolate bars but unsure if Ghanaian.
It seems that deals with local brands would align with what you're asking I think the local Ghanaian and Ivorian brands are sold in ethnic African markets here. Certain the adult children of the brand owners have plans to expand distribution. They will have to fit the big boys for that.