Getting your record sealed if you we're convicted

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a criminal record . Only 2 misdemeanors ,but they are hindering from finding work.

Assault n battery and brandishing a firearm.

I was convicted 3 years ago. I called a lawyer who basically told me that I can't get it expunged and it will be on my record forever... But I've also heard stories of people who were convicted getting their record expunged. Any insight on what I can do?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Save a lot of money and pay whoever needs to be paid to expunge it.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I have a criminal record . Only 2 misdemeanors ,but they are hindering from finding work.

Assault n battery and brandishing a firearm.

I was convicted 3 years ago. I called a lawyer who basically told me that I can't get it expunged and it will be on my record forever... But I've also heard stories of people who were convicted getting their record expunged. Any insight on what I can do?
You don't have the money to fix all that. Might want to make some and then you'll be ready to have a serious conversation about the law.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I helped my friend expunge their case... it was cheap & easy... like $120 but nikkas are lazy & pay lawyers upwards of $1,500 to do it. It all depends on the charge on how long you have to wait before you do it... expunge wipes it completely as if it never existed... sealing just keeps it from the public & employees but higher government levels still have access to it...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I helped my friend expunge their case... it was cheap & easy... like $120 but nikkas are lazy & pay lawyers upwards of $1,500 to do it. It all depends on the charge on how long you have to wait before you do it... expunge wipes it completely as if it never existed... sealing just keeps it from the public & employees but higher government levels still have access to it...
shyt I just want when a employer sees my record...they see nothing lol. shyt it's been 3 years and I'm no felon. I'm like wtf can a nikka live.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
shyt I just want when a employer sees my record...they see nothing lol. shyt it's been 3 years and I'm no felon. I'm like wtf can a nikka live.

I feel you... he had to wait 5 years tho... on a Class C Felony that dropped down to a Misdemeanor...

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I just don't understand when I talked to that attorney the only thing she could tell me was that there was NOTHiNG I could do.. If I was convicted

She was probably holding out for some $$$... but also expungement laws are different state to state... IL has one of the stricter expungement laws... the main thing that sucks is the wait...

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
if u completed deferred adjudication u can file a non disclosure with the court yourself , so future employers wont be able to see whats on ur record

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She was probably holding out for some $$$... but also expungement laws are different state to state... IL has one of the stricter expungement laws... the main thing that sucks is the wait...
I live in Virginia , and there's is u can't get it expunged or sealed if u were convicted ...shyt I'm like then that would limit hella people based on that's the reason ppl get their record expunged to begin with ..because of a CONVICTION

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I live in Virginia , and there's is u can't get it expunged or sealed if u were convicted ...shyt I'm like then that would limit hella people based on that's the reason ppl get their record expunged to begin with ..because of a CONVICTION

Damn they're strict... I know some states will still allow expungement even during conviction as long as it never went to trial but I'm only familiar with IL & ATL...

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
deferred adjudication is a type of probation they put you on usually a first offense, where when u successfully completed you dont have a conviction on ur record.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn they're strict... I know some states will still allow expungement even during conviction as long as it never went to trial but I'm only familiar with IL & ATL...
I might have to move there after my shawty finishes her senior year at college. Is the criminal justice field booming up there?