Getting paid weekly vs bi-weekly

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
well let's see, you can get paid twice a month or four times a month. which would someone prefer?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Going from weekly to bi weekly pay cheques was a shock to the system lol. Feeling broke as hell the weeks I didn't get paid because I put 90% of it into savings and whatnot

Don't weekly payments mean less taxes deducted?

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Going from weekly to bi weekly pay cheques was a shock to the system lol. Feeling broke as hell the weeks I didn't get paid because I put 90% of it into savings and whatnot

Don't weekly payments mean less taxes deducted?

it's always interesting to see words spelled differently ...like flavor vs flavour

anyways personally Im self employed and live off invoices :beli: takes ton of sanity and patience and discipline .....but when I did work I had a regular bi-weekly pay but also worked as a bartender on weekends ....nothing like take home cash every night :blessed: used to save my work checks and spend the cash....nothing like doing the laundry and finding an extra hundo you forgot about...I'd go months without touching an ATM :wow:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Has anyone else heard this. Brehs i know use this as a bargaining point, like "Yea im getting paid every week, im getting to it:smugbiden:, fukk yall broke boys:umad:"

Then i ask them whats the difference between getting paid bi-weekly? Like fr if you get paid 2k every two weeks vs 1k every week, what difference does it make? Your bills still the same

I never understood this:mindblown:
it reveals who lives paycheck-to-paycheck

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I used to have a job where i got paid monthly. What that meant for me is i had to pay all my bills and expenses like groceries and gas and shyt and that day.

Then i would have to budget the rest of the money to last me the rest of the month. so can't just go out drinking like its nothing on the 20th.

Versus weekly i wouldn't care about budget because i knew i'd have the money to do something every friday. but there would be a lot of weeks where i was like, can't wait until payday.

but that was when i was living check to to check. now i make enough that its doesn't really matter how frequently i get paid. so i don't even really pay attention to payday like before.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Somehow some way I've been lucky to get paid weekly at every job I've had.

At 1 point I had 2 jobs so I was getting 2 checks a week:ehh:

You feel better when you get paid every week. Something to look forward to:yeshrug:nothing to do wit hating your job