Getting paid weekly vs bi-weekly

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Has anyone else heard this. Brehs i know use this as a bargaining point, like "Yea im getting paid every week, im getting to it:smugbiden:, fukk yall broke boys:umad:"

Then i ask them whats the difference between getting paid bi-weekly? Like fr if you get paid 2k every two weeks vs 1k every week, what difference does it make? Your bills still the same

I never understood this:mindblown:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There are still jobs that pay weekly?

Pretty much every job I've had in like the last 10+ years was biweekly. But yeah, unless you're living paycheck to paycheck it shouldn't matter.
I mean some people really dont make enough to cover their bills, and thats an entirely diff convo, bc wages havent moved in 30+ years

But the people who told me this was lowkey bragging lol like breh math is math. Tryna stunt bc you get it weekly when ya homeboy gets it bi-weekly. But yall make the same amount:skip:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Weekly. I used to get paid weekly to the point I had 4 figure checks piling up in a draw because I couldn't cash them quick enough or I lived off one check and saved the rest to either fukk off or pay my taxes early

So you were getting 4 figure checks weekly but didn't have direct deposit :mjlol:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
There are still some manufacturing jobs that pay weekly. About 4 or 5 years ago, I worked for a carpet and tile company that paid us weekly. You always knew you were going to have some money coming in versus having to wait two weeks.

My mom, as a teacher, had to do the every month thing. I’ve also been at a company that did the 15th and the end of the month. I prefer bi-weekly.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Would you rather have the company you work for hold your money you earned one week or two weeks...?

Some shyt just self explanatory :mjlol:

This reminds me of dumbasses you meet in real life that be like ‘I don’t claim any tax allowances because I like to get a big refund at the end of the year :youngsabo:

I mean, it’s your money but you’re a fukking moron :dead:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I wonder if there is a tax component to it. I remember hating getting paid once a month cause the taxes seemed like they hurt even more seeing it taken in one chunk
Also if you pay child support or have health insurance having it spread out 4 times a month instead of 2 might hurt less (or more)
I went from getting paid bi monthly to bi weekly and when that 3 pay check month hit the 3rd check was :banderas: cause the child support and insurance already got took out for the month

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If OT is allowed through the last 4 weeks of 2020 I clock in at $79,200 before taxes for the year :win: