Getting my first apartment.

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Im 23. Wish I could get my own apartment. I dont know when that will be. Make shyt money :why:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I just put in a 25 dollar application fee for a studio apartment and waiting for tommorow to know if im accepted. Movin in early september if they do. Damn im hyped, how you felt moving to your own apartment the first time? How did you get by? Im 23 and im gon beon my own, supporting my own shyt. I feel lost.

How much is the rent bruh bruh

Im clue

Rookie
Daps
You'll be ok. You just gotta get in your groove, and routine. Never mess with the rent money. Whatever is left over is for your next important bills. If you know how to cook it's a plus, try not to eat out all the time, but if you aint got no choice do the damn thing. Get your lady friends, and fam to hook you up with homecooked meals.
Keep ya house clean, and you good to go. Congrats.

they doing credit history checks? job? references?

Job check and background check.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
since everyone has the finances. let me give you some relationship advice

1. no girlfriends for the first year. enjoy your freedom.

2. if you have sex with a chick, take her home that night. dont let any women get too comfortable. next thing u know she wants to start leaving stuff at the crib. big no no.

3. dont let your boys crash over. i understand you chillin with your homie playing madden. nothing wrong with that. but when its over, tell your boy get the steppin like martin do

4. dont have sex with anyone in your apt complex. i repeat, do not have sex with anyone in your apt complex. its too close to home. dont do it.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

2. if you have sex with a chick, take her home that night. dont let any women get too comfortable. next thing u know she wants to start leaving stuff at the crib. big no no.

3. dont let your boys crash over. i understand you chillin with your homie playing madden. nothing wrong with that. but when its over, tell your boy get the steppin like martin do

4. dont have sex with anyone in your apt complex. i repeat, do not have sex with anyone in your apt complex. its too close to home. dont do it.

If you bring a girl over make sure you vacuum everywhere after, its funny how hair just miraculously start appearing all over the house in places you didnt catch..I swear they do this on purpose:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's good advice but nikka ain't gonna follow that one:steviej:

Im clue

Rookie
Daps
How much is the rent bruh bruh

565 heat and water included. Fairly decent view, chicks are gon dig this lol.

The landlord already told me theres alot.of.single females.living there. How can i not take the oppurtunity??.:youngsabo:

Yeah imma def gon be cooking my own food. Food stamps ftw.:thumbsup:

Im clue

Rookie
Daps
i've noticed that living alone means you're in a constant state of cleaning something :ld:

It dont bother me. Clutter and a dirty house makes me depress.:manny:
And getting complimented when a female comes over is definatly a gd feeling. It puts her mind at ease.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I've been on my own since july 2010. Some of it was well documented on sohh and I got clowned by nikka's who probably living with they girl, or with they grandma. fukk em!

1) Create a savings account and DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!!!!! If you get any bonuses/tips from work, dump that shyt right in there and let it grow.
2) Always Pay power/gas bills on time. They give you back your security deposit after a year as credit if you do. Didn't have to pay each for a period of 2/3 months respectively.
3) Use plastic grocery bags as trash, if it just you, you shouldn't accumulate a lot of trash. By using smaller bags, you keep down on the smell of trash as well because your dumping daily/every other day
4) If you have a w/d connection, get one off craigslist for the low ($200 to $300 for a set). It'll save you money in the long run instead of using on-site
5) Take advantage of free cable if offered. Saved me $80 a month
6) Cut your cell phone bill and go unlimited
7) Pay off all small debts if possible
8) NEVER........EVER SPEND RENT MONEY!
9) If you need new furniture, go to ikea and a furniture depot. Avoid rent-a-center, aarons and all those places NO MATTER WHAT! If your girl on your ass, don't give in. Just stay the course and save the money for what you want bruh