Getting my first apartment.

Im clue

Rookie
Daps
I just put in a 25 dollar application fee for a studio apartment and waiting for tommorow to know if im accepted. Movin in early september if they do. Damn im hyped, how you felt moving to your own apartment the first time? How did you get by? Im 23 and im gon beon my own, supporting my own shyt. I feel lost.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'll be ok. You just gotta get in your groove, and routine. Never mess with the rent money. Whatever is left over is for your next important bills. If you know how to cook it's a plus, try not to eat out all the time, but if you aint got no choice do the damn thing. Get your lady friends, and fam to hook you up with homecooked meals.
Keep ya house clean, and you good to go. Congrats.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, best feeling in the world.

One thing though: create a budget, and be honest. If you know you go out a lot, don't put down $50 a month for going out money. And give yourself at least a $100 wiggle room because there are always little expenses that come up with you didn't account for. They add up like a motherfukker.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I just put in a 25 dollar application fee for a studio apartment and waiting for tommorow to know if im accepted. Movin in early september if they do. Damn im hyped, how you felt moving to your own apartment the first time? How did you get by? Im 23 and im gon beon my own, supporting my own shyt. I feel lost.

they doing credit history checks? job? references?

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Got a one bedroom in May bro. Its gonna take a couple months to figure out how you'll need to prioritize to make sure all your bills are paid, you have food, and spending money.

Create a budget a each month and try to stick to it.

Im starting to understand what my mom meant when she used to say "its always something" cuz no matter how good you stick to your budget something unforeseen will occur. Thats when that savings comes in.

i only get paid once a month so that makes shyt extra hard for me. Im still tryna stick to my budget plan. But once you get that under control you'll be good. Enjoy

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Another thing, this might sound small but it adds up:

Limit how much you eat out (fast food, restaurants, etc) vs cooking(learning how to). Take leftovers to work as well. You'll be surprised how much you saved.

I try not to eat out more than like 1-2 times a week

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Live within your means. Pay your bills. It's okay if your apartment doesn't have furniture or fancy crap, you are starting out. Don't pretend like you are Derek Jeter with a $3 million condo.