'Get Out' is Officially the Most Profitable Movie of 2017

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Does anyone remember that dude Brian Hooks. He was in Phat Beach and 3 strikes and was on Eve's show.

Dude was producing straight to DVD movies and made a gold mine. He ex produced The Luau, Malibooty, Nothing to Lose, Q: the movie and a bunch of others. One of these movies gave him a 5000% return.

What happened to blassic straight to DVD movies and even mid-budget cinema ones like Booty Call, Woo, Vampire in Brooklyn etc.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hands-down best movie of 2017 so far.

Only one I've seen that comes close is Baby Driver, and even that's a distant second because the third act is :trash:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when this movie was announced people were openly mocking the idea that one of the guys from Key and Peele was gonna make a horror movie. People also assumed it was going to be a horror comedy like something closer to Ghostbusters.

Glad to see Peele have so much success and I hope it continues. More Black screenwriters and directors are needed. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any Oscar nominations.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Definitely a modern masterpiece. The reaction at the cinema was crazy and british audiences are generally more reserved.