Get a USDA loan to buy land and build a house

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
We used to sell a shytload of homes in McDonough back in the day with USDA Financing. More black folk should take advantage of USDA

but people not trying to live out in the woods like that
I get it, but I prefer it. My primary residence is in the metro; South Fulton, Fulton county. I bought that spot up there, the acworth area.

I stayed out there in the fayette/Henry area for a little while. Used to work in McDonough, and like it out there there. I don’t need to be in the city.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
You built and sold homes personally?

had a brokerage firm that specialized in new home construction. The hardest selling point was getting people to accept longer commute times.

I would recommend young folk to take advantage of it and sit on the property. If its USDA best believe there will be other incentives to get businesses out there. Those areas populate with time

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
@Pseudonym didnt you build your house?

yep. It ended up being “cheaper” for what we wanted and obviously brand new, so no maintenance issues from previous owners. The houses in Orlando were way out of our price range

I also have a 1.25 acres that I hope to build a farm. It’s umm….going :pachaha:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
had a brokerage firm that specialized in new home construction. The hardest selling point was getting people to accept longer commute times.

I would recommend young folk to take advantage of it and sit on the property. If its USDA best believe there will be other incentives to get businesses out there. Those areas populate with time
Based in what I read, I don't think USDA loan has to be rural

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Based in what I read, I don't think USDA loan has to be rural

It doesn’t. We have a corner lot in a city. A smaller city , but not rural. The cost for the lot ( one of the biggest ones) was around $2k. My husband actually bought it without talking to me because it was gonna go. He made the right decision but I still had to give him hell :lolbron:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I get it, but I prefer it. My primary residence is in the metro; South Fulton, Fulton county. I bought that spot up there, the acworth area.

I stayed out there in the fayette/Henry area for a little while. Used to work in McDonough, and like it out there there. I don’t need to be in the city.

What school district you stay in? If I can ever afford it I’d love to stay in LeJardin or any of them subdivisions with big cribs in the Langston or Westlake area

You still do this?
I’m thinking about moving to McDonugh or Griffin. I don’t care if I don’t ever have to go to downtown Atlanta ever again..young folks and out of towners can have that

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
You still do this?
I’m thinking about moving to McDonugh or Griffin. I don’t care if I don’t ever have to go to downtown Atlanta ever again..young folks and out of towners can have that

Not anymore. I was going that almost a decade ago...plus im not sure if Mcdonough is eligible anymore You can check the USDA site map to see.