GEORGIA to open Gyms, Barbershops and Hair Stylists Friday April 24th

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I imagine businesses are just gonna defy the social distancing directives like that lady in Sacramento.

They already know they'll turn no profit at 25% capacity, so they'll either flat out ignore it or just abuse loopholes to get around it ("Well, the capacity of the building is 1200, but we only have around 300-400 people in at any one time on a busy day, so we're just gonna run business as usual.")

Then once the businesses that actually followed those directives see they're at an unfair disadvantage, they'll defy them too, and then all bets are off unless cases spike and another shutdown is ordered.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
One thing I realized about many Texas restaurants is they're huge and could have a decent crowd at 25% occupancy.

Same thing with their bars

F K

All Star
Daps
You're acting like you're kicking some shyt here but you aren't saying anything here and really aren't speaking against anything I was speaking against. Basically an emotional hoe like alot of clowns out here.

Men need to be working not sitting around waiting for the happy ending. Especially given the statistics on demographics that are actually dying from covid. If you're healthy and outside the effected age of death you need to be trying to get your money.

It doesn't help the country to try to shut down for a year. By the end small businesses will be gutted and there won't be much to come back to outside of whatever markets big corporations swallow in the absence of the small businesses being destroyed.

Im a clown but I'm out daily putting it on the line to feed my family. You waiting on a check from daddy.

The 2000 a month is slippery slope to me. Capitalist citizens shouldn't get used to being on the tit. Creates dependence.
What should have happened is the government helping companies continue to pay their employees to stay home and quarantine, this way we could have reduced the friction for businesses to open up again.
Instead of a mortgage/rent freeze, we step in to help people pay their mortgages and rents so the companies aren't hurting and forced to lay people off.

No one is saying people shouldn't get out and work, it just has to be done in a smart way to minimize deaths. Right now people who are living with vulnerable people are gumming up the works because they can't work and can't pay bills, which leads to more problems further up the chain.

You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend we can just wish the virus away, that's stupid.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What should have happened is the government helping companies continue to pay their employees to stay home and quarantine, this way we could have reduced the friction for businesses to open up again.
Instead of a mortgage/rent freeze, we step in to help people pay their mortgages and rents so the companies aren't hurting and forced to lay people off.

No one is saying people shouldn't get out and work, it just has to be done in a smart way to minimize deaths. Right now people who are living with vulnerable people are gumming up the works because they can't work and can't pay bills, which leads to more problems further up the chain.

You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend we can just wish the virus away, that's stupid.
I'm not sticking my head in the sand

I'm accepting the potential losses and pushing forward. The debts to high with more and .ore bailouts coming. Now I'm guessing if they even have a thought to paying the debt we will be in a war soon, or taxes are about to go through the fuccking ceiling. We'll be owned by banks in no time

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
The 2000 a month is slippery slope to me. Capitalist citizens shouldn't get used to being on the tit. Creates dependence.
Isn't this what big banks and corporations do? Why is it not a slippery slope for them to be on the tit? Clearly they're already dependent. This mentality makes no sense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This sounds good in theory, but it ain’t really happening.... a lot of working class people can’t afford to sit back and wait while romanticizing about the government coming through with a bag... it is what it is.... :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this what big banks and corporations do? Why is it not a slippery slope for them to be on the tit? Clearly they're already dependent. This mentality makes no sense.

Good point... but corporations have pre paid for a lot of their govt assistance up from in the form of lobbyists and campaign contributions

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
to get people off unemployment

These state governments don’t care about lost business when these stores re open
There is some post from an Atlanta business owner that went viral that in so many words say this is what it's about. Not to help small businesses. Not sure if it's been posted yet. I'll try and find it.

The gist of it was that once a state declares it over, the businesses are on the hook for unemployment.