George RR Martin - Says Winds of Winter Will Be Released by August 2020

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Whether he wants to admit or not, dude has lost interest in finishing this series. The response to those last 2 disastrous seasons of the show probably killed off whatever interest he still had. Dude just said a couple days ago that he still has a long way to go...AFTER 10 YEARS. It ain't happening....:unimpressed:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Just about done with book two..the enhanced ibook copys are dope AF. And also I still dont think the end was as bad as most on this board do. Rushed, yes. Still a top 5 show IMO. I do hope he finishes the books as now Im actually committing to them.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Just about done with book two..the enhanced ibook copys are dope AF. And also I still dont think the end was as bad as most on this board do. Rushed, yes. Still a top 5 show IMO. I do hope he finishes the books as now Im actually committing to them.
enjoy. I'm on the last book now first read through :mjcry: i just want this obese fukk to finish these goddamn books :damn: not sure if you're aware but by feast of crows the books start to differ quite substantially from the show. It's fascinating.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

His story was full of unnecessary characters and storylines. There's no way he shouldn't have completed his story in 5 books. I'm done with this guy. I regret ever starting this series.

Whether he wants to admit or not, dude has lost interest in finishing this series. The response to those last 2 disastrous seasons of the show probably killed off whatever interest he still had. Dude just said a couple days ago that he still has a long way to go...AFTER 10 YEARS. It ain't happening....:unimpressed:

:francis: I hope Joe Abercrombie and Steven Erikson got next. Their worlds/characters will never reach ASOIAF/GOTs popularity but at least they got finished joints and their material would also be great for TV.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was started the Storm Light series years back. The first two books were cool. Didn't read the third or fourth though.

Reading Shogun now. Highly recommended if you're interested in Japan and like and palace intrigue. Similar to Thrones that way. Obviously there's nothing fantastical about it though.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He started in 1996 (when GOT was published)....honestly 1991 because that’s when he got the idea to write the books. It doesn’t take 25-30 years to finish a book series.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
enjoy. I'm on the last book now first read through :mjcry: i just want this obese fukk to finish these goddamn books :damn: not sure if you're aware but by feast of crows the books start to differ quite substantially from the show. It's fascinating.
Yea that's the main reason I wanted to start. Had just finished a full rewatch of the show. Cant wait for book 3