George millers justice league mortal

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
A documentary about a movie that was never made? Why?

Judging from the concept art and the screenplay, this wouldn't be a worthy contender for Marvel. I'm glad DC dodged this bullet.

Sometimes the behind the scenes story of why a film didn't get made is more interesting than the actual movie might have ended up being.
The story behind the Nicholas Cage Superman movie is a good example of that.

They also did one for Jodorowsky's Dune (that's the title of the documentary also), which gives great insight in the creative minds of incredibly talented individuals, and all the things that come into play when making a movie.

And lol @ thinking this movie wouldn't have made a worthy contender for Marvel. This movie was going to do a lot of interesting things that most superhero movies still haven't dared to touch upon nearly a decade later.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh, and if Miller signs on to do a DC movie I hope it is Shazam! I think he can do wonders with that one.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really want to see the costumes. Hope that's in the doc. From what I've heard they were practically ready to start filming.

I listened to an interview Adam Brody did on a Kevin smith podcast and he said they really weren't that ready. No sets were built yet and it was still heavy pre production. The most they did was have costumes ready and the script was finished and he told a little about the ending and how flash played a major role

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I listened to an interview Adam Brody did on a Kevin smith podcast and he said they really weren't that ready. No sets were built yet and it was still heavy pre production. The most they did was have costumes ready and the script was finished and he told a little about the ending and how flash played a major role

If I remember correctly Miller had most of the movie already storyboarded Mad Max style already so there should be a good amount of artwork. And Miller was already prepping the cast because there were stories about how he would keep insinuating to Armie Hammer that the rest of the cast didn't like him in the hopes that he would seep more naturally into that paranoid Batman state of mind, lol.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If I remember correctly Miller had most of the movie already storyboarded Mad Max style already so there should be a good amount of artwork. And Miller was already prepping the cast because there were stories about how he would keep insinuating to Armie Hammer that the rest of the cast didn't like him in the hopes that he would seep more naturally into that paranoid Batman state of mind, lol.

Yup that's basically what Brody said. All the concepts were dome. Suits were done. Or at least getting there and they were all in Australia

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They also did one for Jodorowsky's Dune (that's the title of the documentary also), which gives great insight in the creative minds of incredibly talented individuals, and all the things that come into play when making a movie.

And lol @ thinking this movie wouldn't have made a worthy contender for Marvel. This movie was going to do a lot of interesting things that most superhero movies still haven't dared to touch upon nearly a decade later.
And lol @ thinking it would. All I know is one got made and one didn't.

Just seems like these guys spent a lot of money on pre production and need to make something back. And it's also convenient timing for them. Dune was different than this, I actually saw that doc.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And lol @ thinking it would. All I know is one got made and one didn't.

Just seems like these guys spent a lot of money on pre production and need to make something back. And it's also convenient timing for them. Dune was different than this, I actually saw that doc.

Well Brody thinks it was a combination of things that killed it. Aside from the writers strike it was WB not wanting to piss off Nolan. He wasn't too thrilled at the idea of another batman running around while he was still doing his thing and he had the juice

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Brody thinks it was a combination of things that killed it. Aside from the writers strike it was WB not wanting to piss off Nolan. He wasn't too thrilled at the idea of another batman running around while he was still doing his thing and he had the juice

I should of said why would a documentary about this be of any significants. Stories like you said above happen so much in Hollywood. Just curious to why this project is worthy of a documentary. That's why it feels a bit too opertunistic to me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I should of said why would a documentary about this be of any significants. Stories like you said above happen so much in Hollywood. Just curious to why this project is worthy of a documentary. That's why it feels a bit too opertunistic to me.

Well duh lol. George miller is hot right now why not do it? But at the same time I'm sure this has been in the works for a while probably the same as the superman documentary. Someone was interested as to why it didn't happen and found a fascinating story and since miller is hot right now you announce it and then put it out. The Stars lined up why not take advantage of it? Especially with a justice league movie coming down the pike and with the comic book movie landscape being what it is now vs what it was back when this was about to go forward. And now you can look at it with hindsight and say "wow the guy who did fury road was going to do a comic book movie and it didn't happen" to me, that's interesting and kinda sad. I'd love to see what he could do with a property as long as there aren't too many reigns on him

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well duh lol. George miller is hot right now why not do it? But at the same time I'm sure this has been in the works for a while probably the same as the superman documentary. Someone was interested as to why it didn't happen and found a fascinating story and since miller is hot right now you announce it and then put it out. The Stars lined up why not take advantage of it? Especially with a justice league movie coming down the pike and with the comic book movie landscape being what it is now vs what it was back when this was about to go forward. And now you can look at it with hindsight and say "wow the guy who did fury road was going to do a comic book movie and it didn't happen" to me, that's interesting and kinda sad. I'd love to see what he could do with a property as long as there aren't too many reigns on him

He also did Happy Feet and Babe...

It seems the only thing fascinating about the story is... actually I don't know. The only reason it's even relevant is because of the success of other movies that actually got made.

George Miller has only really proven himself with his own original content. There nothing that really says he'd make a good director for Justice League. 35 years ago he made Mad Max, 20 years ago he made Babe, 10 years ago he made Happy Feet.

Someone finally said I'll give you a decent budget to just stick to what you know and we got Mad Max:Fury Road. None of this seems like an indication for a good JL movie. :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He also did Happy Feet and Babe...

It seems the only thing fascinating about the story is... actually I don't know. The only reason it's even relevant is because of the success of other movies that actually got made.

George Miller has only really proven himself with his own original content. There nothing that really says he'd make a good director for Justice League. 35 years ago he made Mad Max, 20 years ago he made Babe, 10 years ago he made Happy Feet.

Someone finally said I'll give you a decent budget to just stick to what you know and we got Mad Max:Fury Road. None of this seems like an indication for a good JL movie. :yeshrug:

Babe pig in the city is a dope flick breh. Get outta town fronting on it lol. Happy feet is dope too. I can't speak for the second one cause I haven't seen it. And he produced the first babe. That along with his mad max movies show he has a voice and is imaginative and thinks outside of the box. He's not some journeyman director you can just throw out there like the cat who did the underworld movies or Paul w.s. Anderson.

It's the same reason the superman movie is relevant: it's a good story about the making of something that had big talent behind the camera and in front of it and it just vanished. Never happened. And most film geeks love that kind of shyt

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
dj-cotrona-superman.jpg

tenor.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
xUWFILK.jpg

zzzzzzzzz1.jpg

1173910_576813719082184_673575929_n-george-miller-talks-cancelled-justice-league-movie-jpeg-66435.jpg

Officially titled Justice League: Mortal, the film would have had the following cast: Armie Hammer as Batman, DJ Cotrona as Superman, Adam Brody as The Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, Common as Green Lantern, Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman, Teresa Palmer as Talia Al Ghul, Zoe Kasan as Iris Allen, Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter and Jay Baruchel as the villainous Maxwell Lord. Indeed, you can check out most of the cast together below:

Common wasn’t Hal Jordan he was going to be the John Stewart iteration of GL

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
This documentary ever come out? Just watched the death of superman lives....