George Lucas building low income housing to piss off his rich neighbors..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i respect him for doing that but for some reason i just feel like this is a ploy instead of an actual noble gesture. i mean, he was trying to get that studio done for 25 years and now, instead, he wants to put low income housing? what he's doing is nice, but i feel like the motivation behind it isn't right. it's almost like a "i'm rich, i didn't get what i wanted so i'm going to give the other rich people something they don't want". the people utilizing the low income housing are just tools in this guy's personal war with his neighbors.

but i don't know his motivation for sure. but the way the article painted it, it doesn't really make it seem as if he just wanted to help low-income people...

hes just bluffing

but

if he doesnt get what he wants would he really do it?

:manny:

Daps
i respect him for doing that but for some reason i just feel like this is a ploy instead of an actual noble gesture. i mean, he was trying to get that studio done for 25 years and now, instead, he wants to put low income housing? what he's doing is nice, but i feel like the motivation behind it isn't right. it's almost like a "i'm rich, i didn't get what i wanted so i'm going to give the other rich people something they don't want". the people utilizing the low income housing are just tools in this guy's personal war with his neighbors.

but i don't know his motivation for sure. but the way the article painted it, it doesn't really make it seem as if he just wanted to help low-income people...

That's pretty much what it is breh. But if it helps low income fams anyway, who the fukk cares? :manny:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

He could have said fukk and sold the land

:childplease:

muthafukkas gotta complain about everything

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
That's pretty much what it is breh. But if it helps low income fams anyway, who the fukk cares? :manny:

well, everyone should because it still doesn't fix the actual problem. i'm sure that's not lucas' mission but sometime i feel like people end up getting lauded for doing something like this and it was never their real intent to help, and their motivation came from selfish desires...

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
He could have said fukk and sold the land

:childplease:

muthafukkas gotta complain about everything

I think what he's getting at is, yeah he could've just sold the land and let it be, but I'm sure after such a long battle, Lucas would've taken it as "they've won" and given that he's Mr. Star Wars, he's all about battling.

So rather than just give up, he's given this alternative and, understandably, some people can take it as him "dangling the threat" of either 'let me have my way, or I'm gonna do this shyt, which you REALLY won't like'.

I hope this isn't his way of thinking, but it is a possibility.

Daps
well, everyone should because it still doesn't fix the actual problem. i'm sure that's not lucas' mission but sometime i feel like people end up getting lauded for doing something like this and it was never their real intent to help, and their motivation came from selfish desires...

I guarantee you his gameplan is "OH I AINT GETTIN MY STUDIO? WELL THEN IM BRINGING A BUNCHA nikkaS AND MESSICANS :smugfavre:" and you know he'll be praised for the shyt like he had them low income ppls best intentions at heart. But what you gonna do about it? Regardless of his intentions I just hope that bitter fat fakkit dont get his studio and some low income fams get some housing. :yeshrug:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I guarantee you his gameplan is "OH I AINT GETTIN MY STUDIO? WELL THEN IM BRINGING A BUNCHA nikkaS AND MESSICANS :smugfavre:" and you know he'll be praised for the shyt like he had them low income ppls best intentions at heart. But what you gonna do about it? Regardless of his intentions I just hope that bitter fat fakkit dont get his studio and some low income fams get some housing. :yeshrug:

Yeah the article made it seem like "o shyt he's going to sick the dogs on them now".

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
So, this dikkhead wants to drop a commercial structure in the middle of a residential area, can't get his way, so he threatens to bring in America's favourite bogeymen (the poor; read as "minorities")?

Disgusting. This guy's an idiot.