George Floyd’s murder led to a national reckoning on policing, but efforts have stalled or reversed

Daps
Of course progress has stalled aint no way these crazy aas white cops wanna be held accountable...
Period... Doesnt matter who you fukking vote for these politicians dont go after them ans don't bring up that bullshyt FEDERAL law biden did when LOCAL COPS are the ones we deal with!!!:stopitslime: they are an arm of white supremacy...
there is only one way to hold police accountable.

but, black america has been avoiding that conversation for decades.

:francis:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
much of the outrage and sadness expressed by the dominant society - and, to an unappreciated extent, their model minorities - during the george floyd uprising was performative.

it’s easy to say, “black lives matter” and black out your instagram page.

it’s a lot harder, particularly when your sympathies for the black community were never genuinely felt, to support a radical restructuring of the institutions that reward and enforce the privilege that comes with whiteness.

:unimpressed:
it only went down how it did because it happened for a captive audience

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Easy targets. But I’d argue it has more to do with white folks doubling down on their racism as they collectively felt their supremacy slipping away.
Of course. A white backlash was always coming those groups just made it easier.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Organizing requires sustained energy and focus. Being outside, interfacing with the community and leaders/officials, etc.

We off that shyt in 2024 :camby:
Where's the next podcast to bytch about :feedme:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yea the police got out the way and let sh1t rock.
Covid hit and they quit
Soft on crime legislation and stronger accountability practices made more cops quit.
Criminals did their thing in city where felonies are now a fix it ticket.
Petty crime started to make people pray for a crime bill
Biden opened up the border right after a global pandemic
Right wing starting to resurge as voters are being guided to a hard stance on crime

What do the stats say....

National violent crime down 1 percent since george bush jr. So really its about where things are happening (metro/poor communities) and how the media frames it

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea the police got out the way and let sh1t rock.
Covid hit and they quit
Soft on crime legislation and stronger accountability practices made more cops quit.
Criminals did their thing in city where felonies are now a fix it ticket.
Petty crime started to make people pray for a crime bill
Biden opened up the border right after a global pandemic
Right wing starting to resurge as voters are being guided to a hard stance on crime
Damn you give a really good breakdown of it. there were thread like that being make in TLR :mjpls:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
One of the biggest reasons with why nothing changed is…,,what was really proposed? The overall message was for cops to “ stop being racist”..ok? What the fukk does that even mean? How do you measure that? :yeshrug:

It does not help that Most cops don’t even think they’re racist, including the ones who have repeat violent interactions with black citizens.

Outside of increased body cameras, and a few districts outlawing chokeholds and no knock warrants , most of what was proposed at large by BLM was radical progressive babble that was never going to be enacted.

couple that with the the radicalization of youth criminal offenders during Covid And the justice system being too over saturated to deal with low level criminals And you get a climate where no one is trying to hear anything about police reform.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
crime went up which was really the killer of efforts. for example NYPD taking a hands off approach and watching petty crime escalate after calls for defunding and reform. this is the real issue. clowns who waste all the good will and effort of the community by ramping up crime and proving police right when they were trying to show defunding wouldn't work. :yeshrug:
:mjpls:Yes, you dumb mf'er, crime WILL go up when police stop doing their jobs.
Mind your fukking Canadian ass business. Since you know so fukking much, who shot up Drake house? :gurl:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think part of the problem was there clearly was some kind of crime wave post pandemic. Idk if it was some weird socialization issue or whatever, but shyt has gone down in most cities since then. There is also a lot of despair out there in these streets these days, which I think leads to people thinking crime is worse than it is because seeing a bunch of homeless people makes them feel unsafe.

So it has led to a clap back with policing, I also think cops themselves saw what happened with George Floyd protests and started being extra unuseful and bad at their jobs, which also drove up the feeling of need for more policing/order.

That being said I still believe policing needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to fix the problems in this country, it's not practical at all, I admit, probably not something I would even campaign on if I was a politician, however that is the only way you can fix something that rotten to its core. Anything else is just putting a dollar tree band aid on a gaping wound.
Crime spike has everything to do with closing schools( one of the dumbest decisions of the pandemic) crime is still too high

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Well only 4 years later and you got black people talking about voting MAGA, the same side that said Chauvin was innocent …
Which, ofc, has nothing to do with the fact that our communities have been flooded with MILLIONS of unidentifiable illegals. Nope, nikkas just slow.

Yall showing yall ass in here, btw.