George Floyd’s murder led to a national reckoning on policing, but efforts have stalled or reversed

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A lot of money was collected and funnelled to BLM on his behalf.... Blm stole money and repurposed some of it to gay agendas.

Police reform failed to pass because a lot of people didn't understand the call for defunding

crime went up which was really the killer of efforts. for example NYPD taking a hands off approach and watching petty crime escalate after calls for defunding and reform. this is the real issue. clowns who waste all the good will and effort of the community by ramping up crime and proving police right when they were trying to show defunding wouldn't work. :yeshrug:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@Amestafuu (Emeritus)

I generally respect this reporter, but I posted the vid just as I started watching it. The article and video segment barely cover the reform measures that were reversed or died in "Blue" areas, and frame the story as a partisan issue.
Media is going to eventually stop ducking this part of the story. Actual criminals breaking the law and creating public safety problems is at the root of voters and elected officials rolling back or blocking reforms in so many different areas of the country.
Defund the police was misguided, objective members said so at the time. And it lost steam as......actual criminals broke laws and created breakdowns in public safety.
Even in the city where Floyd was murdered by police, the ballot question about defunding the police failed.

Daps
much of the outrage and sadness expressed by the dominant society - and, to an unappreciated extent, their model minorities - during the george floyd uprising was performative.

it’s easy to say, “black lives matter” and black out your instagram page.

it’s a lot harder, particularly when your sympathies for the black community were never genuinely felt, to support a radical restructuring of the institutions that reward and enforce the privilege that comes with whiteness.

:unimpressed:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Of course progress has stalled aint no way these crazy aas white cops wanna be held accountable...
Period... Doesnt matter who you fukking vote for these politicians dont go after them ans don't bring up that bullshyt FEDERAL law biden did when LOCAL COPS are the ones we deal with!!!:stopitslime: they are an arm of white supremacy...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Of course progress has stalled aint no way these crazy aas white cops wanna be held accountable...
Period... Doesnt matter who you fukking vote for these politicians dont go after them ans don't bring up that bullshyt FEDERAL law biden did when LOCAL COPS are the ones we deal with!!!:stopitslime: they are an arm of white supremacy...
MAGA!!! :Okayab:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
The momentum died as the world started to open back up more. Also the movement was co-opted and used for personal gain by more than a few

You see all the articles about DEI efforts at major companies being scrapped or never even put into place to begin with. The cacs even flipped DEI into some negative connotation slur type shyt

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think part of the problem was there clearly was some kind of crime wave post pandemic. Idk if it was some weird socialization issue or whatever, but shyt has gone down in most cities since then. There is also a lot of despair out there in these streets these days, which I think leads to people thinking crime is worse than it is because seeing a bunch of homeless people makes them feel unsafe.

So it has led to a clap back with policing, I also think cops themselves saw what happened with George Floyd protests and started being extra unuseful and bad at their jobs, which also drove up the feeling of need for more policing/order.

That being said I still believe policing needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to fix the problems in this country, it's not practical at all, I admit, probably not something I would even campaign on if I was a politician, however that is the only way you can fix something that rotten to its core. Anything else is just putting a dollar tree band aid on a gaping wound.