Geoff Keighly back bullshytting about The Game Awards

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I find it amazing that the game industry allowed The Game Awards to live but are willing to let E3 die. The last thing a videogame developer should want is an award show to showcase how inferior their game is to another game.

Game awards have the stan wars fueling it. It finally got to the level of other award shows as far as prestige (in the gaming community) where people count those awards above all others. It makes for selling good ad space.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Game awards have the stan wars fueling it. It finally got to the level of other award shows as far as prestige (in the gaming community) where people count those awards above all others. It makes for selling good ad space.

I just find it a lot more toxic than E3.

If I'm a big gaming company I'd be putting more resources into getting E3 back on track because it's an equal opportunity showcase rather than a shillfest.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve enjoyed the last couple of games awards, they had some good reveals
The last interesting game he revealed was the Elden Ring trailer, apart from that his shows have been very boring

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I find it amazing that the game industry allowed The Game Awards to live but are willing to let E3 die. The last thing a videogame developer should want is an award show to showcase how inferior their game is to another game.
Game awards is not the same as E3 though. E3 is publishers turning up, setting up stalls, having conferences, interviews etc. very expensive and time consuming. Game awards is just Geoff showing trailers and out a few interviews and that’s it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't believe in Keighley hype but I think there might be one or two big reveals this TGA.