"Gentlemen, We Can Rebuild Him..." Walt's Official Leaner, Stronger, Smarter Thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm a sad stereotype in that regard: growing in NYC I never learned. My lady said she's going to teach me soon. I moved out before her. She actually gets to town today. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I get started on that life aquatic.
yoga actually decent activity to lose weight. plus real healthy for your body. I havnt been on it this year think ima start again though. Even once a month, try it - even regular yoga, and see if you aint sweating

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I'm a sad stereotype in that regard: growing in NYC I never learned. My lady said she's going to teach me soon. I moved out before her. She actually gets to town today. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I get started on that life aquatic.

Yo you can swim in two weeks if you put your mind to it. And that's if you're the easy going type.

Just let her teach you while you break down your own fears/instincts little by little in each lesson and you should be swimming wonderfully in a month. It's one of those things that don't necessarily require much time to learn.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I just looked that shyt up and was dying. Got a slob on the website standing on his head and throwing up the diamond. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Everyone is cashing in on the yoga shyt, huh?
Yoga works. It's was started me on my journey to the point I'm at now.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Have to set up a new doctor in my new city and get clearance to go full throttle on the ankle (shyt still has good days and bad days). Then I'll start holding myself accountable via logging in progress.

Plan to look into yoga, swimming, etc soon.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just looked that shyt up and was dying. Got a slob on the website standing on his head and throwing up the diamond. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Everyone is cashing in on the yoga shyt, huh?
Thing is, that shyt's really working lol.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Have to set up a new doctor in my new city and get clearance to go full throttle on the ankle (shyt still has good days and bad days). Then I'll start holding myself accountable via logging in progress.

Plan to look into yoga, swimming, etc soon.

Don't sleep on swimming, learn asap - you'll get a full body workout without stressing your lower half, esp the ankle. Take care.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- Biked 25 miles around the city today
- Successfully proposed and designed a course on sports writing
- Back to working out 4 times a week
- Alcohol intake cut back significantly
- Gave a successful reading of fiction and non-fiction at a major event
- Significant piece coming out soon in a prominent publication
- Diet rounding back into shape, so is body

Only the beginning.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UPDATE:

Last week completed a 90 day challenge - 90 straight days of hitting the gym for weights or cardio, no days off. Increased intake of fresh juice, smoothies, lean protein. Significantly cut back on alcohol and snack food. Back in good shape, lean and strong, and biking season is upon us. Earned promotion to tenure track at a major university.

:blessed:

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
I am almost in the same boat broke my left left leg and ankle I been back in the gym. Finally able to do leg exercises again how did you handle cardio . I can’t run at all :mjcry:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am almost in the same boat broke my left left leg and ankle I been back in the gym. Finally able to do leg exercises again how did you handle cardio . I can’t run at all :mjcry:

Started off doing the stationary bike in the gym. Then progressed to biking outdoors. It was grueling at first, but you gotta put the time in or you won't progress. I've heard swimming is good too, but I don't swim.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Started off doing the stationary bike in the gym. Then progressed to biking outdoors. It was grueling at first, but you gotta put the time in or you won't progress. I've heard swimming is good too, but I don't swim.
Thank you I am going to hit the bike no where for me to swim yet

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
UPDATE:

Last week completed a 90 day challenge - 90 straight days of hitting the gym for weights or cardio, no days off. Increased intake of fresh juice, smoothies, lean protein. Significantly cut back on alcohol and snack food. Back in good shape, lean and strong, and biking season is upon us. Earned promotion to tenure track at a major university.
:blessed:

You set for life now :ohhh:
You better start spitting that real shyt unapologetically. :birdman: