"Gentlemen, We Can Rebuild Him..." Walt's Official Leaner, Stronger, Smarter Thread

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Going to keep it brief... broke my leg and severely dislocated my ankle in January. Really vicious injury, required two surgeries, had me in a wheelchair for a while, then on crutches for a long time. Ligament damage and all that:

2v3lqfs.jpg

Back before the injury I was in great shape, had my gym routine blended nicely with work, also was biking between 10 and 20 miles every day for cardio, had me with the lean physique I like at 6'6, 230:

2hwh4dy.jpg

azflzd.jpg

Now, after 6 months of inactivity, I'm Larry Holmes status at 6'6, 265:

2dcefyg.jpg

Last two months I've been back in the gym, and on the exercise bike. About to take it up a notch now that I'm settling into a new routine, in a new city, at a new job. So I'm going to use this thread to keep myself accountable as I try to reach a personal goal of hitting the gym 4 times every week, upping my cardio significantly, and getting back down to 230. Any motivation and encouragement y'all can offer is appreciated. Also, any suggestions for new routines or exercises are welcome. Mobility is limited as I'm still rehabbing my ankle, so in terms of cardio I'm limited to the bike at the gym as well as my own bike. New city got a lot of steep hills, so this shyt been interesting so far.

Right now I'm doing a routine that alternates between heavy lifting and volume lifting every workout. But I'm always looking to switch things up and keep them fresh.

In terms of personal goals, I'm going to finish two books as well as reestablish my freelance writing and my admissions consulting business. So I'll be using this thread to hold myself accountable to those goals as well. Oh, and this inclination I have toward bourbon and scotch gotta go too. Need to cut my drink intake back to one day a week at most. Need to revamp my diet as well, and incorporate some fasting.

And so it begins: the year of Leaner, Stronger, Smarter...

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those pics :russ:

Have you considered swimming? For ligament injuries it's a nice way of pushing your body without loading your muscles too much.

I'm a sad stereotype in that regard: growing in NYC I never learned. My lady said she's going to teach me soon. I moved out before her. She actually gets to town today. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I get started on that life aquatic.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got this breh, 30lb is a scooby snack. :jawalrus:

265 on my frame doesn't even look all that bad, honestly. Some of those recent pics I posted on da gram I still look relatively slim in. Because somehow my chest, arms, and shoulders still look like I'm on some serious fitness shyt. But I'm toting this 55 year old old school Dominican drinking beer and playing domineos outside the bodega gut.
:flabbynsick:

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea you don't look too bad. But I know how it is to miss the crispness. I dropped 20 this spring by just putting my bike on a trainer and riding ~50 miles a week. And clamping the diet all the way down. Only thing that might make it tough for you is winter coming. All those holiday treats :takedat:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Gone ahead and re-name this to the "Walt Flabby n sick" thread :mjgrin:

I just looked that shyt up and was dying. Got a slob on the website standing on his head and throwing up the diamond. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Everyone is cashing in on the yoga shyt, huh?

I don't think you'll like DDP yoga. shyts way too corny for you. I tried to do it several times but every time I make the :stopitslime: face 15 mins in. Regular yoga is dope tho.

My advice is to cut calories and you'll lose that weight quick. It sucks but I been tracking my foods and not eating late at night and it works.