General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Daps
Tesla is such a dogshyt company. I've never understood why people buy those fukking cars. They're not well built and they're fukking ugly too
They aren't the nicest looking cars but I have a friend who has bought 2. (I don't make enough to afford that much for any car). They have been trouble free over the last year or so and when I drove it - it was quiet and exceedingly fast.
This is a Model 3 basic which goes from 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds.
Where we live - Northern VA - part of the DC metro area - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla.
They really do look sort of ugly though.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
I recommend to listen to Flipping the bird podcast. It chronicles the days of Elon musk being an investor to taking over Twitter and so on. This guy is a fukking cartoon CEO villain. :mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

bold-strategy-jason-bateman.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Twitter Is Now Worth Just 33% of Elon Musk’s Purchase Price, Fidelity Says​

-1x-1.jpg

Photographer: Scott Olson/Getty Images North America

By
Aisha Counts and
Tom Maloney

May 30, 2023 at 2:57 PM EDT Updated on May 30, 2023 at 4:35 PM EDT

Twitter is now worth just one-third of what Elon Musk paid for the social-media platform, according to Fidelity, which recently marked down the value of its stake in the company.

Musk, who has acknowledged he overpaid for Twitter, offered employees new equity grants earlier this year that valued the company at $20 billion. It’s unclear how Fidelity arrived at its new valuation or whether it receives any non-public information from the company.

Fidelity first reduced the value of its Twitter stake in November, to 44% of the purchase price. That was followed by further markdowns in December and February.

Twitter has struggled financially since Musk took over. After saddling the company with $13 billion of debt, Musk’s erratic decision making and challenges with content moderation led advertising revenue to decline by 50%, Musk said in March. An attempt to recoup that revenue by selling Twitter Blue subscriptions has so far failed to take off. At the end of March, less than 1% of Twitter’s monthly users had signed up.

Twitter didn’t specifically respond to a request for comment.

Musk’s investment in Twitter is now worth $8.8 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, which uses Fidelity’s valuation to calculate the value of his holding. Musk spent more than $25 billion to acquire an estimated 79% stake in the company last year.

The latest markdown erases about $850 million from Musk’s $187 billion fortune, according to the index. Despite Twitter’s issues, Musk’s wealth is up more than $48 billion this year, largely due to a 63% surge in Tesla Inc.’s share price.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

AOC threatens to leave Twitter after Elon Musk promotes ‘disgusting’ account impersonating her​

Graeme Massie

Los Angeles
4 hours ago
3Comments
<p>U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol on May 24, 2023 in Washington, DC.</p>

U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol on May 24, 2023 in Washington, DC.
(Getty Images)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has threatened to quit Twitter after Elon Musk promoted a “sick” account impersonating the Democratic politician.

The New York congresswoman said that she was “assessing” what to do after the billionaire interacted with the fake account on his social media platform.

“FYI there’s a fake account on here impersonating me and going viral. The Twitter CEO has engaged it, boosting visibility,” Ms Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Tuesday.

“It is releasing false policy statements and gaining spread. I am assessing with my team how to move forward. In the meantime, be careful of what you see.”

Ms Ocasio-Cortez reacted after Mr Musk, with whom she has had a series of public spats on Twitter, responded with a flames emoji to the fake AOC account tweeting, “This might be the wine walking but I’ve got a crush on (Elon Musk).

“This is disgusting even for Elon,” tweeted journalist Aaron Rupar, who Ms Ocasio-Cortez’s response.

Last month, Ms Ocasio-Cortez hit out at Mr Musk as Twitter removed blue ticks and said the move could pave the way “for major potential harm”.

When the Twitter boss announced last November that those who want to retain their blue ticks must pay $8 to the company, Ms Ocasio-Cortez mocked the move.

“Lmao at a billionaire earnestly trying to sell people on the idea that ‘free speech’ is actually an $8/mo subscription plan,” she tweeted.

The businessman then replied, “Your feedback is appreciated, now pay $8.”

The congresswoman has also previously claimed Mr Musk had meddled with her account. Ms Ocasio-Cortez complained that following a public argument, her Twitter account had seemingly stopped working properly.

“Yo (Elon Musk) while I have your attention, why should people pay $8 just for their app to get bricked when they say something you don’t like?” she tweeted.

Mr Musk replied back at the Democrat and said, “What can I say? It was a naked abuse of power.”

In December last year, Ms Ocasio-Cortez condemned Mr Musk after he suspended the accounts of half a dozen journalists who routinely reported on him and the social media platform.

“I get feeling unsafe, but descending into abuse of power + erratically banning journalists only increases the intensity around you,” the Democratic lawmaker said.

“As someone who has been subject to real and dangerous plots, I do get it. I didn’t have security and have experienced many scary incidents,” she said.

“In fact, many of the right-wing outlets you now elevate published photos of my home, car, etc. At a certain point you gotta disconnect. Maybe try putting down your phone,” she suggested.

“You first lol,” responded Mr Musk.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Musk is gonna drop down the billionaire list quickly if a shooting war breaks out in Asia. Wonder what punishment DC pulls out if they demand he pulls Tesla out of China

If war with China breaks out, he'll probably leave the USA to take citizenship in some neutral country. I hear Russia has a lot of empty high-rise condos that important people used to live in.