General Elon Musk Fukkery Thread

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Spoutible is making moves. Bouzy has it figured out. A lot of the top political accounts are moving over. It's a better version of twitter.
I'm absolutely convinced the verify search filter and location search filter is crucial for a platform to topple twitters reign.

once I started searching for tweets from specific states or cities, it was a game changer.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

This is like a car manufacturer charging extra to put locks on car doors:dead:

Somehow he manages to consistently choose the path that every other tech CEO has seen as a nonstarter

hes basically coercing businesses, non-profits, celebrities, politicians and every notable user to subscribe to the twitter blue so their account doesn't get hacked easily.

it's a shrewd move for sure.

maybe it'll spark another exodus.:ld:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Somehow he manages to consistently choose the path that every other tech CEO has seen as a nonstarter

Touched by the tism

GettyImages-1229892859-e1668794508623.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
hes basically coercing businesses, non-profits, celebrities, politicians and every notable user to subscribe to the twitter blue so their account doesn't get hacked easily.

it's a shrewd move for sure.

maybe it'll spark another exodus.:ld:

The hilarious thing about this move is that it pleases literally zero customers. There are only three categories of response:

1. Those who don't know why it matters and thus don't care.

2. Those who feel forced to pay for verification now and are fukking pissed.

3. Those who realize they're at risk, and can't or won't pay, and thus are feeling vulnerable because of dumb shyt Elon did.

Now that I think about it, feels like practically his entire M.O. has been to antagonize every customer, advertizer, and employee outside of his fanboys and somehow believe that will result in a viable company.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Just wanna update this. Charging for 2FA texts, when ppl can use the more secure 2FA apps (for free), might be smarmy, but it's not the level of douche that I originally projected w/ Musk here.

He is literally changing the app to elevate his own views more prominently, so I don't need to make mountains out of molehills like this.