Gears Tactics (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:pacspit: @ the brumak fight.
Just beat this :mjlol:

While I like what they were trying to do a LOT, the random ass reinforcements that let enemies move AND attack on the same turn was irritating as fukk. In those types of situations you either let me place my own units at the start of the encounter or you funnel those motherfukkers properly. shyt was some straight up cheese.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Aite, I gotta say everything in the actual gameplay is SOLID as fukk. They really got something special here to build on.

Two biggest problems I got are motherfukkers falling from the sky randomly as hell and this awful, awful inventory and roster management UI. I can live without a true strat layer. I can tolerate lootboxes and building characters through equipment more than skills. But the layout of it all is terrible.

Hope they can patch that up and smooth things out. I'll definitely come back around to finish it.

For gamepass brehs, this is a good one. Purchase? Wait a while.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Damn ya'll hyping this up? May have to jump on it while its on gamepass :ld:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Just beat this :mjlol:

While I like what they were trying to do a LOT, the random ass reinforcements that let enemies move AND attack on the same turn was irritating as fukk. In those types of situations you either let me place my own units at the start of the encounter or you funnel those motherfukkers properly. shyt was some straight up cheese.
And they have the nerve to drop it on you dead after another mission. I went into it on my first try with only 3/4 of my troops because the shotgun girl got clapped on the dam. Had to do the whole thing over. :snoop:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
This shyt flames breh

Even tho its tactical it still got that Gears feeling and shyt gets intense

Gears_Tactics_4_29_2020_11_34_28_PM.png

Gears_Tactics_4_29_2020_10_45_35_PM.png

Gears_Tactics_4_29_2020_10_47_17_PM.png

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I take it back. Mid and late game are atrocious. :francis:

This is a solid foundation, built with no real direction.

:lupe: damn like that? I've really enjoyed it up through the Brumak fight, hard to see where the huge falloff would be from here

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:lupe: damn like that? I've really enjoyed it up through the Brumak fight, hard to see where the huge falloff would be from here
There are better ability spam games than Gears. And that's all it turns into after that point.

And grabbing every damn loot box like a fukking fiend because that's the only way to really progress characters considering the EXP gains are absolutely trash.

There's a good game under all the bullshyt but Gears doesn't even know what its trying to be. Never seen such a positioning-focused game PUNISH players for flanking so much. Its absurd.