Gaming Mandela Effects?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: Half of TLOU fanbase fool themselves into believing that there was a recording. You could collect in the first game which said. That the Fireflies have had many other patients with Ellie’s condition before. And pointlessly killed all of them with the brain surgery that Abby’s father performed. With no result/no cure which conveniently proves Joel was right and a flawless hero. Only to find out that the tape doesn’t exist and never happened. But they refused to believe that and is now saying that Neil Druckmann. Must patched the recording out the game to not make the Firefiles look like the bad guys. Only to be proven wrong again when someone played the earliest version of TLOU on ps3, and didn’t find the recording.
:dwillhuh:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:pachaha:
I clean forgot about that shyt.
I remember when I first got a copy of Eternal Champions and thought it was yet another bullshyt MK clone wannabe similar to Primal Rage so I left it catching dust for a minute until someone popped it in and I heard the character select screen.
I think the original versions of some of those Bone Thugs songs never got the ok for a clerance because as grammy award winning as the version of Crossroads most knew and loved was....

full

I'll forever die on that hill and meet uncle Charles, declaring this one the better version of the two off the strength of that Eternal Champions sample.​

It’s a dope track but no way it was ever getting radio play. Shouts out to DJ Uneek

Rac00n dog not the same animal :ufdup:

nerd-simpsons.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:mjlol: Half of TLOU fanbase fool themselves into believing that there was a recording. You could collect in the first game which said. That the Fireflies have had many other patients with Ellie’s condition before. And pointlessly killed all of them with the brain surgery that Abby’s father performed. With no result/no cure which conveniently proves Joel was right and a flawless hero. Only to find out that the tape doesn’t exist and never happened. But they refused to believe that and is now saying that Neil Druckmann. Must patched the recording out the game to not make the Firefiles look like the bad guys. Only to be proven wrong again when someone played the earliest version of TLOU on ps3, and didn’t find the recording.
I remember this, and it's crazy because I remember the impression everyone had after the first game was that Joel was an a$$hole who potentially doomed humanity for his selfish need to replace his daughter.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Also, Just yesterday i learned the racc00n suit and tanooki suit were 2 different things.

Always thought there was just tanooki.
I always found it weird how me and my siblings knew it was called the tanooki suit but none of us remember how we found out.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Crazy part tanuki means racc00n.
Tanuki is a type of canine, similar to a fox, different species than a c00n.

"Despite their masked appearance, tanuki are not close relatives of the common racc00n, the famous species native to the United States. Tanuki belong to the Canidae family, alongside wolves and foxes."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

yuyKcdG.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I remember when I first got a copy of Eternal Champions and thought it was yet another bullshyt MK clone wannabe similar to Primal Rage so I left it catching dust for a minute until someone popped it in and I heard the character select screen.
I think the original versions of some of those Bone Thugs songs never got the ok for a clerance because as grammy award winning as the version of Crossroads most knew and loved was....

full

I'll forever die on that hill and meet uncle Charles, declaring this one the better version of the two off the strength of that Eternal Champions sample.​

Wait a minute? what was this on?

I know this song, but never realized it was unreleased?

It had to be on something with a different name.

Edit: Figured it out. It was on the OG tape i had as a kid. Then they changed it up with a re-release with the video and everything :ohhh:

I knew i wasn’t trippin, i used to love this song

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

full

Wasn't this version on the album? The more popular version had the Isley Brothers sample.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My mind makes the graphics of older games better than they were.

So many times i’ve played a modern sequel and been underwhelmed by the graphical update, but then when yo go back and play the OG game it looks way worse than i remrmbered.
I don't think this is mandela effect at all

Your mind only has graphics standards proportionate to other games out at the time

We didn't think games could look as good as they do today 10/20 years ago so at the time they came out they were cutting edge.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Wait a minute? what was this on?

I know this song, but never realized it was unreleased?

It had to be on something with a different name.

Edit: Figured it out. It was on the OG tape i had as a kid. Then they changed it up with a re-release with the video and everything :ohhh:

I knew i wasn’t trippin, i used to love this song​
Wasn't this version on the album? The more popular version had the Isley Brothers sample.​

If I'm not mistaken, that version with the particular Eternal Champion sample was on the first pressings of E.99 Eternal when their friend "Wally" died. Then when Eazy died a year later, they remixed it into a whole 'nother track that isn't so reference heavy to him and renamed "Tha Crossroads" with the same theme, but different lyrics and it blew up.

So it's like the 95 version albums/cassettes had - Crossroads.
Then the 96 version albums/Cassettes had - Tha Crossroads. (Remix)
But the European mixes had Original Crossroads and Tha Crossroads (Remix)
And now that I think on it, I don't think the cats who made Eternal Champions ever found out or pursued legal action about this shyt, so the only reason Tha Crossroads replaced the original was for obvious reasons, with one being a grammy winning song and the other just being a cool track with a catchy beat.

Also, the message you got when you got the 'bad ending' is some seriously depressing shyt. I never seen a videogame before or since made you're inability to win such a guilt trip of incompetency like this shyt did.
:mjcry:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I always found it weird how me and my siblings knew it was called the tanooki suit but none of us remember how we found out.​

They prolly read the booklet. We all did. Super Mario Bros 3 is one of the first Nintendo Game booklets I can ever remember reading. It was Yellow and iconic with the illustrations. nikkas knew what a Tanooki was supposed to look like (Fox with a tail) without knowing the things bloody existed. lol.​

capblk

Rookie
Daps
I don't think this is mandela effect at all

Your mind only has graphics standards proportionate to other games out at the time

We didn't think games could look as good as they do today 10/20 years ago so at the time they came out they were cutting edge.
This plus the fact that games were designed for CRT TVs and look horrible on modern screens.