Gaming as an adult be like

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I been playing Ghost of Tsushima for like 3 years now. Its been a part of my life like a side chick. We aint never breaking up :blessed:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I legit just don't play anymore. COD is trash and current gen of fighting games has gotten stale. Waiting on SF6 and Tekken 8

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I don’t know how y’all do it. My love and obsession for vidya games died out when I was 18. It’s crazy how I went 180. As a kid, I always marveled at the new graphics and how realistic gaming was getting. But as an adult, it’s like the games have become “too real”. The fun isn’t there anymore. It feels like controlled cinema rather Nowdays. It’s weird, I’d rather watch someone play than play myself. It was fun playing Super Mario World and Sonic and shyt like that. But now I gotta make sure this family don’t die in The Last Of Us? And get super attached to these characters? Don’t get me started on CoD and 2K. It’s like folks have that same child like competitive spirit just in hyper adult bodies. I can’t deal with being the noob on CoD or 2K and running teams and brehs getting legit angry. Nah, I’m good. Getting frustrated over real life sports is enough stress for me. :pachaha:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Nah, not really. More money from a job means you could offload shyt you woulda had to do like chores, and you could skip anything your parents would make you do back in the day.

Unless you got kids or more than one job, this ain't it.

Hell, we even got consoles at the damn office. :umad:
Making other people take care of your responsibilities for you. Now I see why you chose that username. :deadrose:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I thought it was just me that felt this way. When I was a kid I would get 2 games a year on my birthday and Christmas and play the shyt out of them all year long. Now that I have the money to buy the games and also with the rise of Gamepass like services I’m overwhelmed. Apparently they call it Paradox of Choice.:pachaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When you get :old: like me and you can only keep a max of 3 or 4 games in rotation cause you to :old: to remember the buttons for anything else.

I can do 1 city builder game. Anno or City Skylines. It's all mouse and keyboard so no buttons to remember:blessed:
I can do 1 sports game. MLB The show or 2K. Though didn't play either this year.
I can do 1 other long single player game.
I can do 1 multiplayer game with my friends.

That's it. Anything else is "what does this button do? Where am I in the game? Oh wait I forgot to do what?":old:

I used to could play RDR2 and GTAV at the same time.

giphy.gif

Have me out here trying to lasso people in GTAV and :what: when it don't work.

Fire up RDR2 like where the cars at :what:

I just don’t have the energy to switch up different games. I work all day, still gotta work out, deal with whatever female, watch some NBA, take a shyt, etc… I ain’t got time to juggle learning new shyt on the sticks :flabbynsick:

It’s why i fukk with the long campaign games (GoW3, TLoU, Elden Ring). I just need one of them and it’ll hold me over for a minute, bc I ain’t gonna be playing it 10 hours a day like I did as a kid.

In middle school I’d put 90+ hours in FF7 and still beat it in 2 weeks, inbetween 4 hours/day of NBA Live and Crash Bandicoot.

I think it took me 3 months to beat FF7: Remake :old: and I wasn’t multitasking with shyt else lol. Just 2-3 hours a day before tapping out

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You just called me a dweeb over the internet, the fukk I care what you think? :mjlol:

You care enough to not only respond but one star this thread. Talking about I don’t have to do chores for mommy anymore like that’s a major part of adulthood. I can tell you getting no cheeks :heh:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I remember once when all the cool games yall nikkas talking about wasn't tough as nails Elden Ring, Nioh, some damn Bloodborne type shyt.

Remember when Ninja Gaiden and Super Ghouls and Ghosts was the tough as fukk games...my old ass does :mjcry:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
But this thread is the truth. I got like 5 SP games in rotation that I will probably never complete. I’m still on FC6 and Forbidden West. Got GOW and Hogwarts. Takes me literally years to finish. Then with Horizon and shyt like Gotham Knights I’m like why the fukk am I playing this trash? Wind up literally falling asleep 10 mins after turning them on or switching to an MP game for about half an hour before I totally get bored and wonder if I still even care about gaming. None of these new titles have the same :wow: factor like the first time you loaded up MSG or GTA 3.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol I thought it was just me that felt this way. When I was a kid I would get 2 games a year on my birthday and Christmas and play the shyt out of them all year long. Now that I have the money to buy the games and also with the rise of Gamepass like services I’m overwhelmed. Apparently they call it Paradox of Choice.:pachaha:
Analysis paralysis

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But this thread is the truth. I got like 5 SP games in rotation that I will probably never complete. I’m still on FC6 and Forbidden West. Got GOW and Hogwarts. Takes me literally years to finish. Then with Horizon and shyt like Gotham Knights I’m like why the fukk am I playing this trash? Wind up literally falling asleep 10 mins after turning them on or switching to an MP game for about half an hour before I totally get bored and wonder if I still even care about gaming. None of these new titles have the same :wow: factor like the first time you loaded up MSG or GTA 3.
Gaming is so young as a medium, I be wondering if it’s the games evolving beyond my tastes or me just growing up.

Last time I stopped playing games from 2015-17 entirely. It took BOTW to get me back in the fold, and I was back on it heavy, but I feel 10x more apathetic rn than I ever did back then.

I’m hoping a TOTK does it, but imma be looking at that 30 fps again like :francis: I don’t even touch my fukking Switch anymore.