GameStop: The Classics are back. New Retro GameStops are now spawning near you

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i dont know if its local but we have a spot called regen that does that. pretty cool to know where i can compulsive buy a sega genesis. or grab ds and 3ds carts

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Interesting to see what this would do to the mom and pop game stores in my area (there are 3 or 4 of them).
My guess is gamestop won't be able to compete on price or the collection the established stores that have been doing retro games for way longer than them.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Interesting to see what this would do to the mom and pop game stores in my area (there are 3 or 4 of them).
My guess is gamestop won't be able to compete on price or the collection the established stores that have been doing retro games for way longer than them.
they won't.

they already kinda tried this back in like 2017...supposedly also checking every game and shyt (they weren't)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This sounds like a good idea until you look at stock.

Much like the shoe game, the problem comes with acquiring stock (games) and being able to price it correctly to move.

Most folks holding on to these retro games know the value. So if GS pays more they’re going to have to charge accordingly.

A 90$ copy of Duck Tales probably isn’t going to move that fast.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This sounds like a good idea until you look at stock.

Much like the shoe game, the problem comes with acquiring stock (games) and being able to price it correctly to move.

Most folks holding on to these retro games know the value. So if GS pays more they’re going to have to charge accordingly.

A 90$ copy of Duck Tales probably isn’t going to move that fast.

I think thats why it would be wise to double as a specialty/collectiables shop also. The regular gamestops are already there, i went there the other day and it was filled with toys and whatever

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Breh I remember about 4 years ago i bought Max Payne 3 for ps3 for 12$ off Amazon, I bet Rapestop would probably charge 25-30$ :childplease:
If they only charged 10-15 dollars above market it would be nice (you don't have to worry about shipping, can check condition, trade if needed).

But if they charge 50 for madden 04 under the guise of it's a "retro" game.

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Actually think Limited Run Games could take advantage of this more than GameStop.

I would actually cop some physical games if i had a store local to me

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they only charged 10-15 dollars above market it would be nice (you don't have to worry about shipping, can check condition, trade if needed).

But if they charge 50 for madden 04 under the guise of it's a "retro" game.

:mjlol:
I hear you copping online is a risk but I’m not trying to overpay for games. It would have to be some rare game i really need to have. Plus I don’t mind playing emulators so I’m really interested in the 360/ps3 era

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hear you copping online is a risk but I’m not trying to overpay for games. It would have to be some rare game i really need to have. Plus I don’t mind playing emulators so I’m really interested in the 360/ps3 era
Same, I keep a DS/physical games around. Rest I generally emulate.