Games where you can fly?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It doesn’t seem like there are a lot of really dope games you can actaully fly in? Maybe because it changes the game design too much. Like no point in building a nice city, landscape if you are just gonna flyover it?

I remember thinking super mario world was so innovative back in the day because you could really just fly through levels, i guess mario 3 also.

The only game I can really think of lately that has good flying is Anthem. Control didn’t really feel like flying it was more just floating/levitation.

This is partly why i think we won’t ever get a good Superman game. I still think Ironman is a possibility if they use Anthems set up

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
It doesn’t seem like there are a lot of really dope games you can actaully fly in? Maybe because it changes the game design too much. Like no point in building a nice city, landscape if you are just gonna flyover it?

I remember thinking super mario world was so innovative back in the day because you could really just fly through levels, i guess mario 3 also.

The only game I can really think of lately that has good flying is Anthem. Control didn’t really feel like flying it was more just floating/levitation.

This is partly why i think we won’t ever get a good Superman game. I still think Ironman is a possibility if they use Anthems set up
I agree. Theres a lack of power fantasy games. Everything is either a shooter or an open world games where you have to run across the map. Or if it does give you freedom of moment, it put a stamina bar on it:hhh:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Both Lego Marvel Superhero games had legit flying mechanics for characters and vehicles. LMSH 2 was actually a pretty great superhero game overall