Gameplay > Storyline

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Unless it's notably terrible, I only hold story in high regard for RPGs and visual novels

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Lets do a spin thread on which games have the best story lines. Im picking gameplay over storylines all day but i think great story trumps grest gameplay, if you understanf what i mean. Last 3 games whose storylines i paid attention to were Gears of War 4, Witcher 3 and Gta V.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends entirely on the game. Games with "meh" gameplay but vibrant worlds, stories, and characters (Witcher 3, Morrowind, Nier, or the like) can be great.

So can games like Doom, Furi, Papers Please, or the like that are completely focused on gameplay.

I don't really find uncharted to have great gameplay. It's fun, flashy, and looks great but it's not really the most interesting. It's animated beautifully and a WHOLE lot of fun but almost no complexity or depth.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Like I don't even care if a game has a great storyline because a great storyline can't make up for a shytty gameplay but great gameplay can make up for a shytty storyline. That's me personally. The funny thing is one of my favorite series is Uncharted which usually is balanced with both. But the gamepla is so good I don't give a fukk about the storyline like that.​
dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-buttonjpg-9f7bdf.jpg

The Gameplay is a legit 10

There's a few little problems, but, this game is dope

The Story = :dahell: :dahell: :dahell: :dahell: :dahell:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It depends entirely on the game. Games with "meh" gameplay but vibrant worlds, stories, and characters (Witcher 3, Morrowind, Nier, or the like) can be great.

So can games like Doom, Furi, Papers Please, or the like that are completely focused on gameplay.

I don't really find uncharted to have great gameplay. It's fun, flashy, and looks great but it's not really the most interesting. It's animated beautifully and a WHOLE lot of fun but almost no complexity or depth.
So youre saying DOOM had better gameplay than Witcher 3? :mjlol:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Assassin's Creed Odyssey got me rethinking this.

It's grindy as hell. 50 hours and I'm at Level 32 and don't feel like I'm even half way done.

But...:jbtable:..playing is so fun.

I've beat SpiderMan AND Horizon Zero Dawn in the time I've played all three at the same time.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Depends on the game/genre but why not both? Suffice to say I do not/am not saying I'd like a game to have absolute garbage gameplay as long as it's a good story as bad gameplay can prevent me from continuing on.

For me this is how I prioritize it:

JRPG: Story>>>>>>>Gameplay. I'd rather the story and everything else that encompasses it to be superb/very engrossing over the gameplay being amazing but a shyt story/boring everything else.

WRPG: Gameplay. I can tolerate Fallout and not give a damn about what's going on because of the things you can do.

Fighting games: Gameplay. I don't give a fukk about a story mode or anything.

Racing: Gameplay.

Platformers: I don't care give me amazing gameplay

Action Adventure: Give me both or just give me slightly better story than gameplay. GTA games were fun as hell and I never really cared for the story missions until GTA San Andreas.

Hack and Slash: Gameplay

Shooters: Both. Give me amazing shooting/gameplay and amazing story mode. If it's MP only then the gameplay need to be superb.

There's no excuse if your game is a game that has a story mode then it should strive for excellence.

Damn nephew..... you pretty much hit that all on the head!:ehh:

Martha

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gameplay comes and goes but the games with the amazing stories stay with you a long time.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
If the gameplay is tight i really dont care about anything else . look at devil may cry; one of the goofiest cringy stories ever but it's still a goat series off the gameplay