Gameplay > Storyline

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Like I don't even care if a game has a great storyline because a great storyline can't make up for a shytty gameplay but great gameplay can make up for a shytty storyline. That's me personally. The funny thing is one of my favorite series is Uncharted which usually is balanced with both. But the gamepla is so good I don't give a fukk about the storyline like that.​

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Like I don't even care if a game has a great storyline because a great storyline can't make up for a shytty gameplay but great gameplay can make up for a shytty storyline. That's me personally. The funny thing is one of my favorite series is Uncharted which usually is balanced with both. But the gamepla is so good I don't give a fukk about the storyline like that.​

Depends for me. What had me stick with the first Mass Effect game was the story and characters. Gameplay had some major annoyances that would have had me quit if the story was trash:francis: still makes it the least played out of the series tho.

Daps
I agree for the most part being a huge nintendo fan, however having a great story and lore makes you think about the game after you finish playing it where you become fascinated by the world. If the Mainline Mario games had stories as nice as the RPGs then it would be even more piff.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
you play spirit of justice yet?
nah, not yet. kinda hit a dry spell in terms of cash cus Ima be headin back to oregon soon and my PS4 needs repairs... but I do plan on getting it eventually for my 2DS :salute:Really liked the direction Dual Destinies went with in terms of animation

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
I rarely even follow the story of the game I'm playing. When cutscenes kick in I'm usually messing around on my phone or something else. I like to play games, not watch movies. So for that reason gameplay is definitely more important than story for me.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on the game/genre but why not both? Suffice to say I do not/am not saying I'd like a game to have absolute garbage gameplay as long as it's a good story as bad gameplay can prevent me from continuing on.

For me this is how I prioritize it:

JRPG: Story>>>>>>>Gameplay. I'd rather the story and everything else that encompasses it to be superb/very engrossing over the gameplay being amazing but a shyt story/boring everything else.

WRPG: Gameplay. I can tolerate Fallout and not give a damn about what's going on because of the things you can do.

Fighting games: Gameplay. I don't give a fukk about a story mode or anything.

Racing: Gameplay.

Platformers: I don't care give me amazing gameplay

Action Adventure: Give me both or just give me slightly better story than gameplay. GTA games were fun as hell and I never really cared for the story missions until GTA San Andreas.

Hack and Slash: Gameplay

Shooters: Both. Give me amazing shooting/gameplay and amazing story mode. If it's MP only then the gameplay need to be superb.

There's no excuse if your game is a game that has a story mode then it should strive for excellence.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Meh it depends i've played some games with shytty gameplay but a dope story. I feel like certain games shytty and/or janky gameplay can be overlooked if the story or style is well done. Deadly Premonition comes to mind if I had to give an example.