Gamepass or PSnow if you rocking both systems?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
GamePass is better than PSNow.
That being said, both services are for broke b*stards that have to wait a couple years to be able to rent a game they really want to play. All the games that matter on both services have been on sale for cheap as hell. I’m gonna rub a Crystal ball and venture to guess that you got GamePass and Xbox live on a month to month sub instead of paying for the year up front. :jbhmm: Does cricket wireless send you reminders that your payment is past due?
Vulgar:picard:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Only PS3 games though as been explained to you for umpteenth times. PS4 is not able to run PS3 games as the CPU they went with was piss poor and the PS3 CPU was not made the same as the current one in PS4.
This is a point that keeps getting brought up but dudes swear that the ps4 could emulate the ps3 if not for Sony's greed.

One of the devs at guerilla claimed that the cell processor is still stronger than modern cpus.

Next

If that's the case, I dont see how they could implement ps3 emulation without ps3 hardware built into the console from the start.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Gamepass is the better value by far.

However when it comes to games deals & sales Sony has really stepped up its hustle.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a point that keeps getting brought up but dudes swear that the ps4 could emulate the ps3 if not for Sony's greed.

One of the devs at guerilla claimed that the cell processor is still stronger than modern cpus.

Next

If that's the case, I dont see how they could implement ps3 emulation without ps3 hardware built into the console from the start.
That "Oh Sony didn't put PS3 on PS4 because they're greedy!" logic is so asinine that they miss the huge hole in the argument.

So they think they sat down at a board meeting, decided hey let's just sell a subscription that only streams PS3 games for a monthly, tri-monthly or yearly price and let's put hundreds of games on there to boot. OR, they could've put hundreds of games on a store, sell them individually and rack up sales of people wanting to play classics like a truly greedy person would do.

So the idea was that they skipped selling individual games and just simply chose a few big games to remaster, sold that and let the rest sit on a streaming service that quality can vary by location/internet? Hell why would they allow you to buy PS2 and PS4 games through PS Now but not the PS3 games? Couldn't they just entice people to buy PS3 games at a discounted rate if you have PS Now? shyt don't make sense with that "oh they just greedy!" logic. Sure they're a for profit business but you can't say they're for profit and then simultaneously assume they're leaving money on the table because of said greed. It cancels each other out.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We got killzone 2 what
I rest my case...

open and shut case Johnson, cracks been sprinkled all thread long :win:
That's why you keep your old consoles. Fucc PSNow lol
Keep old consoles or buy an xbox......... or PC if you into that sort of thing :picard:

Next

Well sir, that is what they did with the launch ps3's. The emotion engine chip only cost Sony $8 but they cut them to cut cost shortly afterwards. How much would a cell chip cost today? Probably chump change but this notion that it's so powerful would have been echoed by the community as opposed to fans of Sony. Your quote comes from a Sony affiliate. Sony's mantra is "Where lying is mandatory" and hyperbole was at an all time high during that era. Let me show you the truth...
Sony PS4 vs PS3 | Trusted Reviews
And the lies....
The truth about a suspicious Killzone 2 trailer in 2005 finally comes out

Bullshot :martin:
That "Oh Sony didn't put PS3 on PS4 because they're greedy!" logic is so asinine that they miss the huge hole in the argument.

So they think they sat down at a board meeting, decided hey let's just sell a subscription that only streams PS3 games for a monthly, tri-monthly or yearly price and let's put hundreds of games on there to boot. OR, they could've put hundreds of games on a store, sell them individually and rack up sales of people wanting to play classics like a truly greedy person would do.

So the idea was that they skipped selling individual games and just simply chose a few big games to remaster, sold that and let the rest sit on a streaming service that quality can vary by location/internet? Hell why would they allow you to buy PS2 and PS4 games through PS Now but not the PS3 games? Couldn't they just entice people to buy PS3 games at a discounted rate if you have PS Now? shyt don't make sense with that "oh they just greedy!" logic. Sure they're a for profit business but you can't say they're for profit and then simultaneously assume they're leaving money on the table because of said greed. It cancels each other out.
They hold the monopoly on ps3 gaming access, you are utterly clueless when it comes to business. Nintendo is notorious for doing exactly what you're saying is bad for business. Xbox subscribes to your logic so you can game anywhere. But your inner fanboy then says why get an xbox if it can do that? I LOVE YOU SONY FOR YOUR MEDIOCRE EXCLUSIVES MINUS 2 OR 3 :blessed:

Sony stans :pachaha:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Hi, Courtdog here from iLoveXbox and today i would like to properly discuss the differences between the two services so You can make an informed decision instead of an uninformed one.

Now you sometimes hear people claim the services are similar but upon further inspection you come to realize there's plenty of difference besides the obvious (the games)

Who would have thought the system with "no games" has better games in its service because of its games :dahell: so without further ado i bring in somebody else's words so you can believe my words more. I tried asking lardass but he wouldn't elaborate...

What Happens To Your Xbox Game Pass And PlayStation Now Downloads Once They Expire

So basically only half of its library is downloadable. All of it is streamable which is why PSnow exist. The problem is their streaming capabilities maxes out at 720p :bryan: and no matter your connection you will encounter what they call hiccups. Also, your saves from streamed games don't carry over to downloaded/disc game saves and vice versa. There's a hack around that tho if you like hoops n shyt. There biggest 1st party titles are scheduled to leave sooner than later already... and you don't get the 20% discount on a title if you wanted to buy it like in gamepass.

With all that said, Sony supposedly has the game's so im sure they just waiting to give em to ya :tu:

First we gonna rock, then we gonna...