Gamepass is a service for struggling brown and black people

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I was just talking to my homie Ernest about this the other day. He has a lot of connects in the gaming industry since his uncle's step-cousin-in-law, lives on the same block as a high ranking Xbox employee. He was telling me that most developers internally refer to the service as Broke Pass and would rather be working on Sony exclusives.

Can you pass along a question for me? Will an Xbox series pro x come out? Will they ever be doing first part triple AAA games or just keep on with the Netflix type of time? Im sitting here with a LG G series top tier tv and I'm kinda stuck. Will they bring crazy taxi back?

Heck I'm a gamer I just picked up the Arcade version of NBA Jams. It came with a stool also.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did she really say this or is this a negative spin on her words?

It was a bit of an oversimplification.

She started out by saying that gaming is by default an exclusionary hobby that effectively discriminates against the poor, then said that Gamepass makes someone like here who grew up brown and poor feel seen.

Really just another case of the modern internet taking something as simple as "I like Gamepass", and trying to lend extra cultural significance that doesn't necessarily need to be there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was a bit of an oversimplification.

She started out by saying that gaming is by default an exclusionary hobby that effectively discriminates against the poor, then said that Gamepass makes someone like here who grew up brown and poor feel seen.

Really just another case of the modern internet taking something as simple as "I like Gamepass", and trying to lend extra cultural significance that doesn't necessarily need to be there.
She wasn’t wrong though. Series S success is based on its wide availability.

Most times the majority of gamers are locked out at the start of the gen. They aren’t able to jump in until a couple years down the line when hardware becomes cheaper and more available. Series S and gamepass lays out a path for people to jump in a lot sooner. It also lends a path for smaller minority devs to get some mainstream attention.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She wasn’t wrong though. Series S success is based on its wide availability.

Most times the majority of gamers are locked out at the start of the gen. They aren’t able to jump in until a couple years down the line when hardware becomes cheaper and more available. Series S and gamepass lays out a path for people to jump in a lot sooner. It also lends a path for smaller minority devs to get some mainstream attention.

Sure, I guess.

My point was really more about the tendency for people to lend far more cultural weight to the things they like in order to validate their preferences in general, and less about Gamepass though.