Game Pass subscriber news: 2020

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But according to the Take Two CEO who Microsoft were definitely going to buy and make GTA6 exclusive to gamepass, Gamepass subscription was now at 30 milllionn :laff:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hmm, lets do some analysis:

• This report details the fiscal year from June 2020-June 2021.
  • Says that during that time, they ‘only’ grew 37%
  • Says they planned on growing 48% during that time. (Thats a lot but probably because they had a new console launch and the release of their biggest IP)
They probably missed targets by that much due to the Halo Infinite delay and the fact that they don’t have their own IP driving the service (no games)

Now, what is the actual Game Pass number? Well, in April 2020 they said that they had 10 million subs. In September 2020, they said they had 15 million subs.(Xbox Game Pass subscribers jump 50 percent to 15 million in less than six months)

So maybe they had something in between that number in June. Thats a safe assumption but not definitive since subs for a relatively new service like Game Pass having subs fluctuate is normal. Anyways, they were probably sitting around 18-20 million subs June 30, 2021

Anytime they announce sales (or sub amounts) and then stop, its not a good sign.

Edit: …and in this case, it means missing expectations by a large margin.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm curious as to why you want to know gamepass #s so bad anyway?

“So bad” i just dont care to keep hearing about it if they ain’t gonna say what the number is.

It’s xstans who continually talk about subscription numbers and its most likely to compensate for console sales

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“So bad” i just dont care to keep hearing about it if they ain’t gonna say what the number is.

It’s xstans who continually talk about subscription numbers and its most likely to compensate for console sales
:usure:

Nah, gamepass gets praise for it's games, formula and consistency...

You/y'all on some "they ain't making money"