‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel About Aegon’s Conquest Eyed at HBO

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
If it's not the descent into madness of Aerys II leading into Robert's Rebellion, or better yet an actual Winds of Winter release, they can keep all the rest of it.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If it were done properly it’ll easily be the most expensive tv show ever. So I doubt it gets done properly
There's nothing really in that period that should be more expensive to film than whats on and will be on House of the Dragon. There isn't even a King's Landing proper during that time period.

Valyria would be among the most expensive shows ever made if it were to be done properly.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Solidifies my thinking, which is that HBO understands the main reason the shows are a hit are due to dragons, Targaryens, and important women characters. Which means it's highly unlikely we're getting the other prequel shows that are in development (Dunk & Egg, Sea Snake voyages) or the big one that fans speculate on: Robert's Rebellion. They want all three of those qualities to ensure people tune in.

Aegon's Conquest is still one of the least interesting ideas IMO due to how one-sided it will be. Outside of Dorne...
:francis:

Nah they know RR would draw people in cos of main characters. If they managed to recapture Tywins ruthlessness :banderas:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Now THIS i’ll watch.

I haven’t peeped one second of House Of The Dragon. shyt looks lame as fukk but Aegon tearing shyt up has potential

Call me crazy but i’m kind of anticipating a Jon Snow continuation. Before the writers reduced the series to shyt Kit Harrington was doing a great job in my opinion
Whoa whoa, house of dragons is some all time level season 1 shyt breh. You tripping

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Daps
Now THIS i’ll watch.

I haven’t peeped one second of House Of The Dragon. shyt looks lame as fukk but Aegon tearing shyt up has potential

Call me crazy but i’m kind of anticipating a Jon Snow continuation. Before the writers reduced the series to shyt Kit Harrington was doing a great job in my opinion

:mjtf:

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
Aegon's Conquest Spinoff in the Works from The Batman Part II Writer

HBO is developing another Game of Thrones spinoff series.

The company is actively heating up its long-in-discussion Aegon’s Conquest idea.

HBO is partnering with Mattson Tomlin, an in-demand scribe who did uncredited work on Matt Reeve’s The Batman and is co-writing its upcoming sequel The Batman Part II. He also co-wrote the Keanu Reeves action comic adaptatation BRZRKR and the upcoming video game adaptation Mega Man.

Aegon’s Conquest is basically a direct prequel to the hit House of the Dragon, telling the story of the Targaryen’s bloody and brutal conquest of Westeros. The story follows the invader Aegon Targaryen, who conquered the continent of Westeros with his sister wives, Rhaenys and Visenya, and their dragons. Aegon successfully unified six of the Seven Kingdoms in just two years, with only Dorne able to successfully resist.

One source described the project as taking a “back to basics” approach to George R.R. Martin’s epic fantasy universe (though considering the first series was sprawling and complex, it’s unclear what “back to basics” means, exactly, in the Thrones context). Variety previously reported Aegon’s Conquest as an idea in discussion early last year.

Since Thrones concluded in 2019, there have been many prequels (and one sequel idea) put into development and some are considered no longer active — though HBO prefers not to say any option is completely off the table as there’s always the chance a once-promising idea could be redeveloped under a different writer.

The efforts have spawned two greenlit shows: House of the Dragon, which launches its second season this summer; and A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight, which starts production this year and is based on Martin’s Dunk and Egg novellas.

HBO had no comment.

Tomlin, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and Goodman Genow, has shown he can flex in various genres, wrote the Jamie Foxx Netflix super power crime thriller Project Power and worked as a consultant on the Oscar-nominated animated movie The Sea Beast.