Game of Thrones Binge Thread? *potential spoiler alert*

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I noticed a few people are binging and posting in season 8 thread. Wouldn’t it be better to discuss in its own thread?

I’m about to start season 5. It’s funny how much shyt we forget until we watch again.

Edit: updated title in case new heads stumble upon this thread.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
On season 5 and how the fukk did these religious fanatics get so much power? I know Cersai made a move, but how the fukk can they be judge and jury? They’re not government. :what:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I hated that last Night King episode, might he the most tedious episode in the series. I actually think the whole night king shyt was the weakest storyline of the series too.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I hated that last Night King episode, might he the most tedious episode in the series. I actually think the whole night king shyt was the weakest storyline of the series too.
They did my dog dirty. Night King deserved to go out better than that. I was fully on Team Night King probably after season 3, but for sure Season 4. Had all those great moments. Walking the dock letting Jon Snow he wanted all the smoke. Smokin Dany's dragon with the type of precision that every NFL GM covets. Then my mans came in on that dragon to take down the wall

:ohlawd:

I had my boy so pissed talking my shyt about that moment.

:russ:

images

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
On season 5 and how the fukk did these religious fanatics get so much power? I know Cersai made a move, but how the fukk can they be judge and jury? They’re not government. :what:

Power is largely based on armies in Game Of Thrones. And when the king no longer has the only army in King's Landing, his power declines. Cersei made a terrible mistake arming the Faith Militant, 300 years after they stirred rebellion and strife against the Targaryens. That failed rebellion led to strict laws that banned holy men from having weapons in King's Landing. By rearming them, Cersei allowed thousands of zealots to seize power in the city and strengthen the High Septon.

The show doesn't do a great job of explaining how/why it happened, I know someone people saw that and thought it was a major plot hole or made no sense.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The militarized sect of the Faith of the Seven has went to war with the Crown before in Westeros history, in fact they warred with the third Targaryen King less than 300 years ago. They were disarmed in the aftermath after the next Targaryen King made a deal with the Faith, but the power vacuum loss of Tywin along with the abomination of having b*stards born of incest on the Iron Throne has created an opportunity for the militarized version of the Faith to re-emerge. And Cersei gave them what they needed. Since they draw strength in numbers plus religious fervor and grievances against the ruling class, its kind of the perfect storm given that Westeros at this point is war-torn and ruled by a weak King.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
The militarized sect of the Faith of the Seven has went to war with the Crown before in Westeros history, in fact they warred with the third Targaryen King less than 300 years ago. They were disarmed in the aftermath after the next Targaryen King made a deal with the Faith, but the power vacuum loss of Tywin along with the abomination of having b*stards born of incest on the Iron Throne has created an opportunity for the militarized version of the Faith to re-emerge. And Cersei gave them what they needed. Since they draw strength in numbers plus religious fervor and grievances against the ruling class, its kind of the perfect storm given that Westeros at this point is war-torn and ruled by a weak King.
fukkin Cersei. bytch forever played checkers thinking she was playing chess. I hate that character with a passion. To this day I can't see Lena Heady in anything without being fukkin Cersei.

:scust:

Daps

She gave them weapons and they wound up converting a lot more people than she expected and so they had more fighters than the crown had iirc. So it wasn't that she didn't want to take them out. She literally didn't have enough men to do so. And then poor sweet Tommen was too scared to fight anyway and wound up getting converted so it was a lost cause by that point.

Daps

The Battle at Hardhome is one of the hardest things I've ever seen on TV. I love spectacle. When Jon Aegon Snow hit that "Nights Watch! To me!"

I hit the :banderas:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
fukkin Cersei. bytch forever played checkers thinking she was playing chess. I hate that character with a passion. To this day I can't see Lena Heady in anything without being fukkin Cersei.

:scust:
Lol. That was why her outmaneuvering Tyrion that last season was so terrible.