Game of the year winners 1980-2020

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can start to see the shift from gameplay being king to more of set pieces being important.

But yeah Nintendo has been getting goty since before even some of us old heads were born.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
TMNT the arcade game was the popular game in the world back then, are you serious Ninja Turtles was like the biggest shyt on Earth at the time
Bruh this is not one of the numerous TMNT arcade games we're talking about here. This is the NES side scroller that is hard as shyt and traumatized many children. Not sure if you ever played it but yea. That water dam level, oh my jesus :sadbron:. fukk that game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh this is not one of the numerous TMNT arcade games we're talking about here. This is the NES side scroller that is hard as shyt and traumatized many children. Not sure if you ever played it but yea. That water dam level, oh my jesus :sadbron:. fukk that game.

I know what is, I was just stating how popular ninja turtles was, everything with Ninja Turtels on it was huge, and that water level was not that hard, and damn near at the beginning of the game, ninja gaiden was a way harder game it's not even close

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
So this was like a retrospective by The Game Awards? They've only been around for 5 years or so right?

As a guy with a big Nintendo bias, damn, they have a big Nintendo bias.

Overall, mostly good picks. Couple Fugazi ones. I didn't appreciate just how bad gaming sucked in 2012; I was knee deep in college and dropped the hobby entirely.