Game of the year 2013

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What's your game of the year?

For me personally I'm going with Tales of Xillia. I understand nobody will pick this game. It probably won't be brought up in the conversation of GOTY candidates because its not necessarily a mainstream title with a ton of hype and its a JRPG but of all the games I played this year I enjoyed it the most by far.

For runner up Bioshock Infinite. The Last of Us might have gotten this but I really didn't enjoy playing through that game as much as I liked the story and characters. The gameplay on The Last of Us was just something I dealt with for the reasons I liked the game rather than something I genuinely liked. GTA V which I'd rate below The Last of Us was like all the other GTAs. A game I played and loved then got bored with and put down then distracted by other games and never really got back to. The last game I'd bring up in the conversation is Beyond Two Souls. Only problem with that is it isn't much of a game but I love the story it told. About to polish it off today most likely.

Last edited:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Assassins Creed 4...loved the story, characters, music, gameplay. 9/10 easy.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Tales of Xillia technically came out two years ago, just got localized this year. But I would agree, of all the games I played this year that would be my top just due to the replay value. I picked Millia first, played through her story then played Jude right afterwards just so I can see his side of the story. Although it was the same playthrough... it didn't feel like it. Usually when I play JRPGs I just play once and thats a wrap until I feel like picking it up again but for this game I just want to explore random shyt as the story mode didn't take you everywhere.

Looking forward when Part 2 drops.

As for other ones, it's the usual suspects with TLoU and GTAV taking #2 and #3 respectively.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Last of Us. Runner up would be Guacamelee or Beyond Two Souls. Bioshock Infinite had terrible gameplay imo and the game went to a lull midway through.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Last of Us is the only game that the masses should agree on and it's not even close.

Shxt really was the citizen Kane of gaming :banderas:

The opening sequence :to:

The whole adventure and gameplay was :ohlawd:

That snow storm level :whew:

Beautiful game I swear :to:
Please as good as TLOU was, I'm betting GTA V will win GOTY. GTA V being on both platforms sounds much safer.