G-Unit Beg For Mercy Appreciation Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I never do these type of threads. But I saw that 50 is The Future thread and I remembered The Black Album and Beg For Mercy leaked on the same day back in November 2003. I remember going to the spot and we all listened to both albums back to back. For a mindless street album I always thought Beg For Mercy was pretty dope. What does the coli think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Double J

Banned
Daps
Not a classic but still a dope album. A lot of bangers on this album like Eye For Eye, G'd Up (which is possibly Dre's best beat ever), Gangsta shyt, and My Buddy.

I remember this dropped the same day as The Black Album and the Tupac Resurrection Soundtrack and I bought all 3 at the same time. Damn that was a good day in hip hop.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
This album was a classic to me, pretty much every song is dope.

Young Buck made this album, nikka was dope on almost track he was on.

Dude went in on "Lay You Out" nikka was rapping like Pac on 7 Day Theory on that song.

These tracks was dope...

The other two female tracks on the album was dope as well.

It would have been dope if "Thicker than Water" was on the album rather than a movie soundtrack.

"Groupie Love" reminds me of "Get in my Car" off The Masscure.

Also, isn't "I smell p*ssy" originally a mixtape song that was sort of a bonus song?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This album was a classic to me, pretty much every song is dope.

Young Buck made this album, nikka was dope on almost track he was on.

Dude went in on "Lay You Out" nikka was rapping like Pac on 7 Day Theory on that song.

These tracks was dope...

The other two female tracks on the album was dope as well.

It would have been dope if "Thicker than Water" was on the album rather than a movie soundtrack.

"Groupie Love" reminds me of "Get in my Car" off The Masscure.

Also, isn't "I smell p*ssy" originally a mixtape song that was sort of a bonus song?

Yeah, Thicker Than Water was also just 50 at first, then they remixed it with G-Unit on there. Both versions were really cool. And yeah, I Smell p*ssy was on that G-Unit Automatic Gunfire tape which basically was the unnofficial 4th tape in that first series (50 is the Future, No Mercy No Fear, and God's Plan)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPcW3m1eHHo"]50 Cent Follow Me (Thicker Than Water) Original Freestyle DJ Whoo Kid - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_Sh4HJf-c"]G-Unit - Thicker Than Water New Release Righteous Kill 50 - YouTube[/ame]

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this album went hard...i think i wore out i wanna get to know you..i remember being like :ohmy: at that shyt..i didnt think g-unit had it in them to make a smooth ass joint like that..that marvin sample and joe's hook was flames

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this album went hard...i think i wore out i wanna get to know you..i remember being like :ohmy: at that shyt..i didnt think g-unit had it in them to make a smooth ass joint like that..that marvin sample and joe's hook was flames

Yeah I remember there was some pressure like how are they gonna do the original production, and I thought they did good. As Jules said, it didn't age as well as some albums from that time, but it's still a solid album.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Very good album that's slept on. I don't think it really aged well but it's still dope nevertheless.

Wish it would have been just the original 3 though...