Future for Sony looks bleak What can be done ???

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
theyre great at marketing to their cult. :mjlol:
I swear I was about to make a thread about this very thing. The marketing/branding is fukking A1. Apple-tier shyt. Fools having conniptions all over the internet. Coli ain't even the worst I've seen. I ain't even mad at it...it's impressive the type of brand loyalty they've garnered.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Long as Sony pivots they'll be ok.

If they try to continue to do a gamepass lite like psNow is now...:francis:

Also They are blowing a huge load :dame: really early on in the generations life with Horizon soon and GOW. ( next year I'm almost positive) At the rate they are going they are going to need 2-3 MAJOR exclusives a year throughout the this generation to stay relevant. The big problem with Sony is they actually don't really have a hard hitting long lasting brand outside of being the "cool kids system" However they are the #1 place to experience Triple A games action games bar none and that goes a long way as long as they can keep it up.

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
thanos-dreaditrunfromit.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Still waiting on you to list what playstation has innovated. All they do is steal others ideas and make them cheaper.

theyre great at marketing to their cult. Ill give them that. Had yall googly eyes over a SSD, like its some new hardware. tech thats been in almost every PC for over a decade :mjlol:

They jacked from Nintendo, and stagnated. :yeshrug:

They also abandoned Japan. Don't believe me? Check out the sales of PS4 and PS5. Even the old 3DS is right behind them :heh:

Sony just competes with graphics whores and try to be the sleeker version of M$ without the huge pockets.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Stop. We’re good.

Decades of storied franchises, great developers, great story tellers, systems that move units, huge first-party titles…

We’re good.

:bryan:

But they are 3rd party, that used to be multiplat, but now going to M$ exclusively.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Sony needs to stay the course, and further diversify their first-party offerings. They’ll be fine. They’re absolutely going to win this gen, the PlayStation brand is strong.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony will continue the same way it does now and then fade to black because the Japanese never innovate on a larger scale. These dudes had a huge lead and did nothing to improve or make changes. They let Microsoft come up create a cloud land and a service called Gamepass. The only thing Sony has is its name

that’s one of my big gripes with Japanese companies in general they be so out of touch with what’s going on most of the time. It’s not just Sony either Nintendo,Bandai Namco, and others not even in the gaming field stay stuck in their archaic ways until it’s too late.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing is happening too Sony. There brand is too strong. They might not always be number 1 but they will always have a base. fukking Nintendo still doesn’t have a proper fukking online and using decades old tech and still beating next gen consoles with no call of duty games in site. Sony will be fine.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Been on theColi.com for 7 years. Less than 800 posts. Never seen in The Arcadium.

:patrice:

Whose alias is this?

Scratch that. Until the acquisition happens, I'll keep pushing on just playing video games