Fully Functional 3d printed Gun

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
i was having a convo at work the other day bc we have one of these printers there and i notice in that video it doesn't show the accuracy. How are you supposed to properly rifle the barrel after you print it? IMO the gun would be garbage. Also, people were freaking out about it but i mean we already produce enough metal guns by hand already so idk why this is such a big deal.

what do u all use it for?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
its supposed to be for students to eventually be able to print out their character designs for animation or whatever. In reality faculty will probably dikk around with it until they break it.

lol.....you got enough flexibility there to try printing one of these?

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
lol.....you got enough flexibility there to try printing one of these?

rofl no.

im not exactly sure about how it even works to be honest i always stop by the room and look at it like :lupe: some dude the other day was talking about how temperatures need to be correct and there is all these precautions before you use it so you don't completely fukk it then void its warranty im hoping by the end of hte summer i might get to print some goofy cartoon character out of mudbox or something.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
rofl no.

im not exactly sure about how it even works to be honest i always stop by the room and look at it like :lupe: some dude the other day was talking about how temperatures need to be correct and there is all these precautions before you use it so you don't completely fukk it then void its warranty im hoping by the end of hte summer i might get to print some goofy cartoon character out of mudbox or something.

make a thread if u do......the whole concept is mad intersting to me

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i still cant wrap my head around 3d printers

the implications of these devices are mindboggling. :mindblown: they'll be able to print functioning organs in the near future

:aicmon:

they accomplished that about 6-10 years ago. they use cells instead of ink. had decent success at making parts of human solid organs and whole animal organs.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
I remember a documentary on engineering developments where they said the future of civil engineering was an automated home-building machine, basically a giant version of these 3D printers.
I should've realized they'd shrink them down and build random shyt,
the future is about to be GrandThefAuto: Real Life :shaq:

*Prints military weaponry and hundreds of rounds*
*Prints armored Ferraris*
*Prints goons to assist me*
*Goes on an epic robbing spree, uses printed helicopters to escape*

edit: Here's a video, explanation of how it actually works is at 4:30
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnzfGP6sq4"]3D printer can build a house in 20 hours - YouTube[/ame]

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon:

they accomplished that about 6-10 years ago. they use cells instead of ink. had decent success at making parts of human solid organs and whole animal organs.

when have they started successfully using printed organs for humans? i'm waiting for them to use 3d printed hearts, lungs, livers, kidneys; but i haven't heard of them successfully doing that yet